That is the first thing I do when open up the Forum, punch Active Topics. And if some activity has happened in Northern Hewers thread I have a couple of extra hoops to jump through. Any tricks for that one?

Will, do you think it makes sense to scribe all the rafters on one side of the roof and then the other side with a ridge, or scribe rafter pairs? Then you have to deal with the rafter foot to plate aspect all over again, on both sides. And so, you don't see a decline in ridge beams, even into the late 1800's early 1900's?

When I do see a ridge in my parts it is usually on common purlin roofs, and the ridge is let into the fork and tongue principal rafters, just like all the purlins, via daps, cut into the top side of the rafters. No ridges with common rafters. All of the frames are scribed as well, houses and country side barns and out buildings. It is the larger community building which I can find square rule, churches for the most part. Also usually common rafters suggest the roof may have been changed at some point in the buildings history, but not always the case.

Excuse me if I am rehashing this.