I am thinking of making something of a large portable work box, which is kind of just a cart with several different tool boxes variously attached to it. The reason for that is so that I can have the advantage of 1 tool box that I don't have to keep traveling back and forth for, but I also have small tool boxes that can be easily carried. My axes would probably just have a permanent home on the cart. The big square would just have a slot on the big ol cart. But I tend to use smaller squares a lot of the time, especially when marking joints, timber, or what have you. usually I don't need a full size square for that.

So kind of its would just be a few tool boxes with a cart to haul them all on for convenience sake.

If you haven't figured this out yet, my mind really works with patterns and systems, and the way I like to have my tools stored away is no different. Although right now they are totally disorganized because my collection outgrew my carrying capacity!

I try to divide my tools according to type, use, and purpose. For example, my saws go over here (saws get their own classification among my tools) my hewing axes go over here, joinery axes there. General joinery tools go here, layout tools go there, drafting tools there. And I even have a tool box for my hewing tools, complete with it's own little saw and hatchet.

I want to make some canvas covers for my boxes, something durable but that can also be decorated if I want to.

DLB

Was de eine ilüchtet isch für angeri villech nid so klar.
http://riegelbau.wordpress.com/