John & Jim,

Thanks for helping with the Sobon shed. I've been busy and havnen't been able to respond until now.

I don't have the book with me at the moment, but as I stated before, there are no measured drawings of any of the posts, from what I saw.

As I recall, there is a small isometric view of a corner post stuck with all its mortises, shoved into a margin, but that is not enough (for me) to go on.

Perhaps you can derive the various measurements and key dimensions on each member by exprapolating from the whole building assembled drawing. But I'd rather not introduce that element of error. I'm not much more than a beginner, and trying to guess dimensions is something I'd rather not get into.

Don't get me wrong, I love this book, but it is a bit maddening in that there are meticulous details and drawings of some of the simpler joinery, but nary a few paragraphs on the posts.

I guess I have been spoiled in the past, working with complete, high quality drawings, when I've attended various workshops by Goshen Timber Frames in NC, and the Guild (Slate Run 2001/Rudy Christian).

Greg