I have a Norwood Lumbermate and have used it about 3 years now. Prior to that, I contracted with local sawyers that owned woodmizers like Uncle Milty's or used a large mill with a big circle saw. I wish I had it 10 years ago. I also have a 6000 pound forklift. One of the best things about having my own saw, is having control over the sawing process, especially since I use mostly recycled timbers. The Norwood is a bit weak in a few areas but nothing that would make me wish I didn't have it. I have the optional 13hp and I think they offer an even bigger engine now. As Curtis mentioned, it is lower production than the more expensive mills because there are a few more tasks that are done with your hands and back. You also have to walk more than when you have the electric and hydraulic help. All in all, it has been a great tool for me, but I also use it for many jobs instead of only for my own house.

I used to have a Prazzi beam cutter and found it to be of limited use for accurate sawing of timbers. I did use it to cut curves that would be cleaned up with a planer, scraper or sander and it was good for that. I also used it to cut angles (ie roof pitch and valleys) in stress skin panels but since it pulls sawdust up in front of the bar, it is hard to see your line so we would nail on a guide strip and run along that. Gotta remember to oil the chain after every cut, too. Be careful and good luck.