Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Timberframe Design
Jump to new posts Re: what is a good way to span 32'? by TIMBEAL @ 03/24/17 08:40 AM

Rethink the shop and at least allow a center post under the bents. Or have the engineering department design a King on the upper level. Wall incorporated into the roof truss. As Roger points to engineering and architecture. What kind of shop tha
Timberframe Design
Jump to new posts Re: what is a good way to span 32'? by Roger Nair @ 03/23/17 09:25 PM

A clear span roof system is very possible but a clear span supporting a house above is a difficult problem, with a number of paths forward but I will not offer any suggestions other than you need experienced design services both engineering and archi
Timberframe Design
Jump to new posts what is a good way to span 32'? by than2man @ 03/21/17 12:57 PM

Hello. I am in the process of designing a timber frame shop with a house above. I am wanting the shop to have as much open space as possible with as little posts as possible. I would like to have a min. 32' clear span but am wondering how to do this.
Newest Members
larzelerebuilt, Malcolm, than2man, mnmuskie, Smartcrow
4704 Registered Users