Rate Thread
Single Lane Covered Bridge #7935 08/02/01 01:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I need to build a residential bridge that can cross a small creek, however, the dry creek bed of the small creek is about 45 feet long so the bridge must span about 50 feet. The preferred design is a covered wooden bridge. Any information (i.e. required permits, deck design, overall design, location of reference materials, etc) you can provide to help me build this is much appreciated.

Re: Single Lane Covered Bridge #7936 01/16/02 09:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am looking for the same thing . if I hear anything I will let you know Ray Shelton would you do the same for me
Quote:
Originally posted by bhackford:
I need to build a residential bridge that can cross a small creek, however, the dry creek bed of the small creek is about 45 feet long so the bridge must span about 50 feet. The preferred design is a covered wooden bridge. Any information (i.e. required permits, deck design, overall design, location of reference materials, etc) you can provide to help me build this is much appreciated.

Re: Single Lane Covered Bridge #7937 01/16/02 04:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The USDA Forest Service sponsors the "National Wood in Transportation Program." The program's web site is: http://www.fs.fed.us/na/wit/ It includes information on covered bridges as well as standard drawings (designs) of wooden bridges (many are not covered). You can get a CD of their publications from the site.

Moderated by  mdfinc 

Newest Members
HFT, Wrongthinker, kaymaxi, RLTJohn, fendrishi
5134 Registered Users