Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Weekend Help on Barn Repair - Hudson Valley NY #27223 09/15/11 10:19 PM
N
nybarns Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Looking for experienced help to repair posts on a barn in the Hudson Valley area of NY. Please reply or post a response if interested. Details:

18x24' post and beam 1860's barn
Barn was 4' underground at one corner when I purchased the property
I have jacked and leveled the structure to ready for new sills and post bottoms
All material onsite
Sadly given the weather I am behind schedule and eager to set the barn back down on sills before the winter
I work myself on the weekends and would like one or possibly two people (local or close enough) to assist with the work
All six post bottoms need to have a splice repair

Now for the bad news, and please if you have negative things to say don't bother:
I am on a budget, and unless I can be convinced otherwise I am anticipating lap joints and through bolting the post bottoms.
I would of course prefer a more authentic repair, but I would rather save the barn and have a 21st century structural addition than watch it fall over

Fair wages based on experience -- this is weekend work only. Look forward to hearing from you.

Re: Weekend Help on Barn Repair - Hudson Valley NY #27275 09/22/11 04:18 PM
Raphael D. Swift Offline
Unfortunately I work weekends (and Mondays). If you do find a couple of week days to devote to the project shoot me an email.

Raphael D. Swift
DBA: DreamScapes

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc, milton 

Newest Members
HFT, Wrongthinker, kaymaxi, RLTJohn, fendrishi
5134 Registered Users