I've recovered from hernia repair surgery, now looking for help from 1 or 2 Timber Framers (beginner or advanced). Current project is completion of 24' x 70' hay barn structural repair, & fabrication/installation of Queen Post Trusses. Most of the dirty work is done, have timbers for locust sills. Have milled EWP timbers for QPT & 75' scarfed purlins etc. The most fun part has begun - joinery and rigging. 2 weeks of 40+ hrs work to complete this Phase 1.

Return for Phase 2 conversion after completing the following:

Disassemble, Restore & Repair and move, reassemble and raise a magnificent 28' x 36' 1836 3 bay, square rule, chestnut NY/NE barn. Permits issued, stripping/salvage of roof & siding etc completed. Crane operator is lined up. 6 - 8 weeks of 40+ hrs will be the job.

Both barns are local to me in South Salem NY 10590 - SE NYS, between Hudson Valley and CT. 1 hr N of NYC, the greatest city in the world.

Looking for positive folks with a mix of carpentry, timber framing, deconstruction skills and Safety First work habits. We will be a crew that thrives on teamwork. Proficiency with tools and power equipment is expected, ability to safely move heavy things, work standing and at heights the entire day. Reliable transportation, personal safety gear and liability insurance are required. My shop and job sites are non-smoking, no cell phone/texting.

Fair Market pay according to your abilities, production, & attitude. Camping, cabin, house-share are options.

Interested, know anyone else ready now?

Steve Miller
Frog Hollow PO Box 99
Waccabuc NY 10597
914 763-3078
teahousedesign@optimum.net

Been Timber Framing since 1974, TFG member 1986