Aloha from Hawaii

I’m a general contractor in Hawaii. But I'm writing this as strictly a timber framer. I’m a small builder and only build one or two homes at a time. My specialty is Japanese style pole houses. However I don’t always get to build those style of homes. I just got through building my own home and I am getting ready to re-enter the building economy (on the earning side not just the spending side smile.

I’ve been a member of TFG for three years now and realize that I haven’t capitalized on this fine organization the way I’d like to. I read about all the conferences and workshops, but time and especially distance has restricted my ability to go to any of them in the past.

Right now I have two big projects in the planning phase. There will be several weeks that the plans will be dormant in the Building Department. So I figured since I have the time I’d see if there is someone out there who may want some help for a few weeks.

I’ve been my own boss for 20 years now and am used to doing things my own way. However I’m willing to learn how others out there do things and when it comes to timber framing I think there is lot of room for me to learn.

I’m, hoping that there is a church project out there that I can be involved with. That would be ideal. I’ve got my resume on my website at http://www.customhomeshawaii.com/resume.html . My resume and the website are in dire need of updating, however, regarding the resume, the basic information is all there.

If you are interested please email me at vidana@interpac.net or drop me a line at 808-327-1948. Obviously I’m willing to travel… almost anywhere. I’ll need a wage but that part is negotiable. I’m a contractor but I’m a carpenter first so I’d be an asset to your project. Thanks in advance for even reading this. Aloha

Tony Vidana