Timber Framers Guild

scribe literature

Posted By: Ian Lawford

scribe literature - 01/10/05 02:12 PM

Does anyone know of any reference material for Eng./French Scribe methods, whether it be books, publications, or otherwise?

Thanks
Ian Lawford
Posted By: Mark Davidson

Re: scribe literature - 01/10/05 02:46 PM

paste the phrase scribe rule into the search link at the top of this page, I just got 32 items out of it.....
Also, enter scribe rule into the advanced search link on the tfguild.org home page, here I got 5 pages with about 10 items each....
I've been looking for this kind of info myself, and do not have a scribe info book yet....my limited experience in teaching myself scribe is that the method can be simple but the technique is difficult.
Posted By: Emmett Greenleaf

Re: scribe literature - 01/11/05 03:00 AM

Ian & Mark,
Just how far apart are you guys in Ontario ?
Some eyeball time might help you both on a cold winter day.
Posted By: Will Truax

Re: scribe literature - 01/11/05 03:16 AM

This is an exellent link (though it was better in a previous incarnation ) Hit the FS and geometry pages

http://www.traditionaltimberframe.com/

Marc also wrote a multi issue article for Timber Framing some years back.

As a long time Plumb Line scriber I should be able to point you at more, little else to be had
Posted By: Ian Lawford

Re: scribe literature - 01/11/05 12:25 PM

Thanks guys. Marc Guilhemjouan's website was the first place that I looked. Your right Will, it has changed since the last time I looked at it. But I'm going to have a look at all the links that you guys recommended. Greatly appreciated.

Ian
P.S. I think Mark and I are about 3 hrs apart. Cross country skiing distance! smile
© 2024 Timber Frame Forums