Timber Framers Guild

Valley Rafters And Dormers

Posted By: Anonymous

Valley Rafters And Dormers - 05/11/01 12:37 PM

Dear friends
Can anyone suggest a book or info on a simple way of doing valley rafters and Dormers.
Any infrmation will be appreciated. Thanks a lot Mark
Posted By: milton

Re: Valley Rafters And Dormers - 07/18/01 09:20 PM

Mark:
For whatever reason I just got this now. I apologize for the tardy response. The question is best answered with other questions at least to start. Do you have the Guild design workbook? You will find it an excellent reference. As far as simple valleys well that is a bit of an oxymoron. Please feel free to contact me in person at 603-356-7010 and I wll try to help get you pointed in the right direction.
If you have already found great reference sources please share them with us all.
There are many great offerings in the form of workshops where plenty of information is bandied about.

Good Luck,
Curtis

[This message has been edited by milton (edited 07-18-2001).]
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Valley Rafters And Dormers - 07/23/01 05:28 PM

Hi Mark (and Curtis),
Anyone looking for instructions on LOG hip and valley rafters (not timber frame, but round log), can try my book. Check it out at www.logbuilding.org
The information is also available in an article I wrote for Log Buildings News # 30 (Intl Log Bldrs Assoc 800-532-2900).

My best Robert
Posted By: milton

Re: Valley Rafters And Dormers - 07/24/01 01:45 AM

Howdy again and Welcome Robert:
Glad to have that input. Mark, are you out there? Have you found help? Can you share the source(s)?
As usual,
Curtis
© 2024 Timber Frame Forums