Timber Framers Guild

Traditional Hewing\adzing\and handle making DVD's

Posted By: northern hewer

Traditional Hewing\adzing\and handle making DVD's - 11/12/06 02:28 AM

For the month of November through to the 15th of December I am offering a special price for those that would like to purchase all 3 DVD's, please contact me for more information.

The instructional material pertains to the use of the Historic Broadaxe--(2 DVD's), The Carpenter's Adze--(2 DVD's), and Broadaxe handle making--(1 DVD).

The information covers the handle styles of both traditional tools, their lengths, a good discussion of the Broadaxe and Adze head styles and will cover what to look for if purchasing one is on your agenda. The axe handle making shows a broadaxe handle being produced by hand here at my site .

A good percentage of the material on the DVD's is a hands on documentary of the actual Hewing process, followed by a good commentary in a step by step fashion as I work along.

Layout of lines normally used for timberframing rough material is reviewed. A discussion of laying out lines on the surface of a round log to properly start the hewing process is reviewed a sticker for many who wish to hew from the rough round log.

The material on the DVD's is equal to what the student would receive if he or she attended a one day workshop to learn the basic's of Hewing or adzing with these historic tools.

Please note:These DVD's can be purchased separately Just make a note to that effect when inquiring.

To produce this documentary I draw on 30 years of experience and 3 generation of family timberframing tradition

NH
Posted By: timber brained

Re: Traditional Hewing\adzing\and handle making DVD's - 11/18/06 08:07 PM

Hello NH, I am curious what the special price is for the three , as I have wanted to acquire them for some time now. tb

Re: Traditional Hewing\adzing\and handle making DVD's - 12/19/06 02:47 AM

Could R. Harrison please get in contact with me by Email
Thanks NH

Re: Traditional Hewing\adzing\and handle making DVD's - 01/07/07 08:47 PM

Now that the holidays are over, and time slows down a little, just give me an Email if you are interested, and I will post you a return email with 2 good clear attached views of the broadaxe showing the front and the reverse sides as well as the hand made handle,

NH

Re: Traditional Hewing\adzing\and handle making DVD's - 01/08/07 01:42 AM

For those that may be interested I am extending the special price for the 3 DVD's until the end of January because of a very favourable response to my offer. Just send me an Email for additional information.

NH

Re: Traditional Hewing\adzing\and handle making DVD's - 02/04/07 02:14 AM

Just a note here to let everyone know that I have removed the special price offer until a later date.
I am still offering the titles as separate purchases.
I am offering a new title, it is a documentary on the raising of a small 3 bay horse barn 16 by 20 feet, that I have advertised on a separate post. This timberframe structure is an exact copy of an original building that stood in Ontario Canada, and was originally built by the United Empire Loyalist-- "Colquhoun Family" around 1784
NH

Contact me for further information
NH

Re: Traditional Hewing\adzing\and handle making DVD's - 03/07/07 08:44 PM

Please note that I am extending the special offer on the HEWING ,ADZING, and BROADAXE HANDLE MAKING DVD's starting March 1st\2007 until further notice, please get back to me for further details

NH
© 2024 Timber Frame Forums