Timber Framers Guild

Swiss KSL 160 Chain Mortiser -For Sale

Posted By: tstar

Swiss KSL 160 Chain Mortiser -For Sale - 11/02/09 10:56 AM

Includes 1-½” and 2” bars and chains. Cord is fitted with standard 220 plug. Motor will not start. Could be a simple repair or you can replace the whole motor for $350. Asking $1000. Buyer to pay actual shipping or local pickup. Please email with questions since I am in the field all day.
Posted By: maurice poulin

Re: Swiss KSL 160 Chain Mortiser -For Sale - 11/24/09 12:43 AM

Would it not be better to determine the electrical problem up front before selling the KSL 160? I'm interested but cannot pursue it without knowing the problem(s)and cost.
Posted By: RedOak

Re: Swiss KSL 160 Chain Mortiser -For Sale - 12/01/09 05:38 AM

Hello TStar,

I would like to discuss this with you further. For example, how do you know what a new motor would cost? I have been in the electrical field for many years, so an electrical repair doesn't really affect my thinking in this case. I'd simply like to be sure about what the worst possible case would be.

Have a good one,
Bill (RedOak)
Posted By: tstar

Re: Swiss KSL 160 Chain Mortiser -For Sale - 12/01/09 12:14 PM

Just to clarify; The problem with the tool is that the motor won't start. I don't have the time or means to determine the exact cause and since it is an import, local repair shops don't know how to test the machine or where to get parts. A replacement motor directly from the supplier, timbertools.com, costs $350. They also offer repair services. So worst case scenario the motor has to be replaced by them for $350. If they determine it is something else it will be less.
© 2024 Timber Frame Forums