Timber Framers Guild

Makita Circ Saw Base Wanted

Posted By: mo

Makita Circ Saw Base Wanted - 07/21/12 08:03 PM

Howdy,

Interested to see if anyone may have an aluminum base for sale for the newer Makita 16 (Blue). Just like the one the Guild sells. I know its a long shot that anyone would want to sell, but its worth a shot..

Mo

p.s. I will probably have a Makita Chain Mortiser coming up for sale in the next few days. So maybe this can be part of the dealing.
Posted By: Dave Shepard

Re: Makita Circ Saw Base Wanted - 07/22/12 03:34 PM

The last time I looked, the Guild wasn't offering the base, or it was out of stock. I can certainly see the need for it, the big Makita is just an expensive, under powered, aggravating wheel chock with the stock, warped tin base.
Posted By: Joel McCarty

Re: Makita Circ Saw Base Wanted - 07/23/12 02:33 PM

It's true we are out of stock - and unable to justify the cash-flow needed to commission another run in the minimum (affordable) quantity required by the vendor.

We are exploring other materials (High Density Poly anyone?) but with limited demand it's difficult to know what to do. If we could get committments from about 10 of you, it'd be a slam dunk.

Re: Makita Circ Saw Base Wanted - 07/25/12 12:32 AM

I'm committed for one and two if need be.
Posted By: 4565

Re: Makita Circ Saw Base Wanted - 07/25/12 01:48 PM

I am interested in a tool base. Depending on what Joel can come up with for a deal.
Posted By: Windknot

Re: Makita Circ Saw Base Wanted - 07/27/12 05:13 PM

I would like one or two as well.
Posted By: TIMBEAL

Re: Makita Circ Saw Base Wanted - 07/28/12 10:23 AM

A fellow working with me has an older brown saw and would purchase a new base.

Re: Makita Circ Saw Base Wanted - 01/04/13 08:36 PM

Any word on these, still committed to buying. It looks like we have a five count on this thread. These bases are great!

C'mon who else wants one?
Posted By: hickory stripe

Re: Makita Circ Saw Base Wanted - 01/05/13 08:14 PM

I can certainly vouch that it is a huge improvement. My boss used to build log homes, has one of the brown-ish Makita models and took a little interest when I mentioned the after-market saw to him. Shame they are not available.

Re: Makita Circ Saw Base Wanted - 01/25/13 03:36 PM

Does the guild have a spec sheet for the previous production runs that they are willing to share? I'd like to price out a small run.
Posted By: willgusakov

Re: Makita Circ Saw Base Wanted - 01/27/13 05:49 PM

No spec sheet, but I'd be in for a saw base, for the newer blue big Mak. - Will
Posted By: Hylandwoodcraft

Re: Makita Circ Saw Base Wanted - 01/28/13 01:25 AM

Dave's description of the stock big Makita sure hits the nail on the head! I have one that I never ever use. I would probably be interested in a base...any idea on price?
Posted By: timberjoiner

Re: Makita Circ Saw Base Wanted - 01/29/13 01:48 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271146326101?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Re: Makita Circ Saw Base Wanted - 05/06/13 09:33 PM

Prototype is done folks. I'm here to help.

Posted By: Jay White Cloud

Re: Makita Circ Saw Base Wanted - 05/06/13 10:59 PM

very nice mo!!!
Posted By: Trevor

Re: Makita Circ Saw Base Wanted - 05/08/13 12:12 AM

I would jump at the opportunity to get one

Re: Makita Circ Saw Base Wanted - 05/16/13 08:29 PM

Trevor, I think I can do that for you. Give me a chance to talk to the Guild and I'll get back to you.
Posted By: frwinks

Re: Makita Circ Saw Base Wanted - 05/21/13 07:15 PM

nicely done Mo, looks just like mine grin
© 2024 Timber Frame Forums