Timber Framers Guild

Prazi Beam Cutter

Posted By: juanquy

Prazi Beam Cutter - 10/01/13 03:53 AM

Hi guys:

First at all sorry about my English, I'm looking for reviews about this tool, Prazi Bean Cutter.
I will love to read yours experiencies with this tool.
thank you
Juan Carlos
Posted By: Jim Rogers

Re: Prazi Beam Cutter - 10/02/13 01:10 PM

I have one and use it on occasion. What else can I tell you?

Jim Rogers

Re: Prazi Beam Cutter - 10/04/13 03:19 AM

Hi Jim:
Thank you so much for your answer.
I can't afford a 16" Power Saw so I was wondering if the Prazi could be a good choice for me because I have already a 7 1/2' Circular Saw ( worm)
I wanna be sure about the quality and efficiency of this product.

Juan Carlos
Posted By: Jay White Cloud

Re: Prazi Beam Cutter - 10/04/13 04:19 AM

Hello Juan,

Even if you really have a sharp blade and it is in good balance, you will be challenged to make an accurate cut on the "score line" of your layout. You will, most likely, with this set up have to "hold off" the line by at least 10 mm (1/4"+)and chisel to the line. I would recommend a good hand saw over this attachment. We do have and use this tool, but it's scope is very limited in general application.

Regards,

jay

Re: Prazi Beam Cutter - 10/04/13 05:09 AM

Thank you so much Jay!.

Juan Carlos.
Posted By: collarandhames

Re: Prazi Beam Cutter - 10/18/13 02:36 AM

the prazi is a crude machine. I was lent one once, and the blade was dull, we gave it back after a test cut. That said, it may be a better machine if it had a sharp blade. but yes, keeping back 1/4 inch is a good idea! not a precision machine!
Posted By: Hylandwoodcraft

Re: Prazi Beam Cutter - 10/20/13 03:41 AM

I have one, but only use it for cutting insulated panels. As others have said, it is not a precision tool, but works great for cutting SIPS.
© 2024 Timber Frame Forums