Timber Framers Guild

pegs for sale.

Posted By: Ron Mansour

pegs for sale. - 09/25/15 02:06 PM

All hand-riven the traditional way, with froe, mallet and lots of end-grain violence. Split from straight-grained white oak butt-log. No root-flair. Drawknife on shaving horse to rough octagonals. 90% of shaping already done. I will leave final shaping up to you, as timber framers have differing opinions/preferences on peg taper and pointing.

I can get 55 1" x 12" blanks (or 60 7/8" pegs) into a USPS flat-rate box, shipped anywhere in US @ $17.90 per box.

$2.50 per peg, any diameter, any length.
Thanks.
Ron
Posted By: brad_bb

Re: pegs for sale. - 09/26/15 01:28 AM

I bought hundreds of peg blanks from Ron this summer. Very satisfied!! Thanks Ron.

Re: pegs for sale. - 09/26/15 02:42 PM

Thanks for the endorsement Brad. Much appreciated!
Best of luck with those frames and being a Hoosier!
Posted By: timberwrestler

Re: pegs for sale. - 09/27/15 01:23 PM

Likewise, I bought many finished pegs from Ron, and they were perfect. I would highly recommend him. And they're SO much better than turned pegs.

other Brad

Re: pegs for sale. - 09/27/15 04:02 PM

And a sincere thank-you to you Brad! Hope you are doing well!
Just trying to fill the dreaded "in-between-jobs" time with some old-school peg-making. I really enjoy the process tho. This most recent log I got in is probably the nicest one yet, cost plenty, but consistent straight-grain stuff. Was 26" diameter at 8' up and approx 140 yrs old.

Re: pegs for sale. - 11/12/15 03:18 PM

Just found several hundred 10" red oak octagonal peg blanks buried in boxes in the back of my shop. They are at least 5 years old, plenty dry.
Am offering them for sale at $1.25 each.
email me @ ronsptj@gmail.com
Posted By: Jim Rogers

Re: pegs for sale. - 11/12/15 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Ron Mansour
Just found several hundred 10" red oak octagonal peg blanks buried in boxes in the back of my shop. They are at least 5 years old, plenty dry.
Am offering them for sale at $1.25 each.
email me @ ronsptj@gmail.com

What diameter?

Re: pegs for sale. - 11/12/15 11:53 PM

Hey Jim,

These are rough octagonal blanks that were drawknifed to be used as 1" pegs. They're just a little over 1" diameter.

They can be shaved down to whatever diameter you may need.
Posted By: Nate352

Re: pegs for sale. - 03/30/17 03:36 AM

Do you still have any pegs for sale?
Posted By: Jim Rogers

Re: pegs for sale. - 05/01/17 04:20 PM

Ron asked me to post for him.
He said: "Nathan wanted to know if I was still making pegs. I wanted to respond to him and tell him yes."
So send him an email to his email listed above, that is ronsptj@gmail.com

Jim Rogers
© 2024 Timber Frame Forums