Timber Framers Guild

text size editing in sketchup

Posted By: Mark Davidson

text size editing in sketchup - 02/04/08 02:43 AM

Is there a way to make the text bigger in sketchup? I'm not referring to the 3D text, that is easy to make bigger. Also I would like to be able to make the dimension text bigger if possible. I should probably be asking this on the sketchup forum as well.
thanks,
-mark.
Posted By: Gabel

Re: text size editing in sketchup - 02/04/08 02:57 AM

yes there is. I'll try to remember it for you.

go to the window drop down menu, select model info. you should see a tab that says text. select that and play around with it. you can change both leader text and notes on that tab. I believe the dimension editing tab is in the same place. I'll check tomorrow to see if I'm right, but I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will help us out.

gh
Posted By: daiku

Re: text size editing in sketchup - 02/04/08 02:41 PM

Yup, Gabels got it: Model Info window. Note that in the same window you get the option to update all the existing text as well. Note that if you are using the TF Rubies, your shop drawings will inherit all the setting from the main model. So if you want smaller dimension fonts on your shop drawings, set that in the main model first before you generate all the shop drawings. Same thing for style items like sky, axes, etc. CB.
Posted By: Mark Davidson

Re: text size editing in sketchup - 02/04/08 06:47 PM

1,000 thank yous from the great white north.

© 2024 Timber Frame Forums