Timber Framers Guild

SU shop drawing save function

Posted By: ekefjord

SU shop drawing save function - 07/02/09 01:20 PM

when I select a timber and choose "TF Make Shop Drawing", the first thing that happens (after my computer has thought for a sec or two or three) is that a "Save shop drawings"-dialog pop ups.
The thing is that no shop drawing is saved after i hit the save button, though I end up looking at my selectet timber in a shop drawing view in my original model file - so if I am not careful my whole model will be replaced with just my singel timber!! If I cancel the saving procedure SU reverts to the original model file.
A number of times I have done some modelling of joinery and gone to make a shop drawing without saving my model first - screws up in the saving of the shop drawing and ends up having to redo the joinery. I have tried to run SU as administrator (we use Vista) but it doesn't work out better.
Help!
Jonas Ekefjord
Järna Bjälklag AB
Sweden

jonas (dot) ekefjord (at) ramverk (dot) com
Posted By: daiku

Re: SU shop drawing save function - 07/02/09 01:26 PM

Hi Jonas. To help me figure out what's going on, please open the ruby console window, and then try to make shop drawings. Let me know if you get any messages in that ruby console window. CB.

Re: SU shop drawing save function - 07/02/09 01:41 PM

yepp:

saving shop drawings as:C:/Users/Public/PROJEKT/St Sjöbo/Bitritningar/stolpe 1A.skp
Error: #<Exception: Invalid filename>
C:/Program Files/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/tf.rb:957:in `save'
C:/Program Files/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/tf.rb:957:in `make_shop_drawings'
C:/Program Files/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/tf.rb:1582
C:/Program Files/Google/Google SketchUp 7/Plugins/tf.rb:1582:in `call'

in my save dialog file name was only "stolpe 1A" and there were no file format added and no format to choose from either.

Re: SU shop drawing save function - 07/02/09 01:52 PM

What's the swedish word for Umlaut? Just as a test, see if you can save correctly using a file name with no "special" characters. CB.

Re: SU shop drawing save function - 07/02/09 02:00 PM

I changed Stora Sjöbo till Stora Sjobo and I even changed a folder name in wich my skp-model was saved.
Though Sjobo sounds silly in Swedish it works for SU!!
Thanks.

Re: SU shop drawing save function - 07/02/09 02:06 PM

Fuuny thing: The Ruby gurus at sketchucation.com just stumbled onto this bug yesterday.
So it's a known bug in Sketchup, but I'll try to add a work-around in the next release of the TF Rubies. Meanwhile: Silly Swedish. CB.
Posted By: bmike

Re: SU shop drawing save function - 07/02/09 07:30 PM

nice to know... not that i use umlauts in my file names.
i was going to guess it was the 'space' - a workaround for that error would be to add the '_' character instead of the space.

© 2024 Timber Frame Forums