Timber Framers Guild

Software

Posted By: Hyrum

Software - 02/01/11 03:32 AM

Hi I'm new to the Forum and to TF I need to get Software and would like to know what to get. I use a MAC Thanks
Posted By: bmike

Re: Software - 02/01/11 04:58 AM

I posted this in the other thread when you asked the same question:

SketchUp is free. Check out the workshop listing on the TFG website for some upcoming training sessions.

You'll also want to look for the TF Rubies, which work with joinery and lists.
Posted By: Hyrum

Re: Software - 02/01/11 03:59 PM

Sorry posting twice I could not find my first one but thanks.
Do know of any SketchUp training closer to Utah or websites I can get help from. Also is the Pro version better and easier to use.

Re: Software - 02/01/11 06:56 PM

Nope, not easier to use. Just adds a few features that some folks who use it full time find helpful.

Don't know of much in the west. Clark will chime in here at some point - not sure when he is teaching next.
Posted By: Joel McCarty

Re: Software - 02/01/11 07:21 PM

May 13. Port Townsend, WA

Get in touch for more.
Posted By: Ray Gibbs

Re: Software - 02/01/11 11:13 PM

Just went pro. Is there any training on the horizon coming up in this part of the world? Northern NY? VT?

Re: Software - 02/01/11 11:59 PM

Heartwood School, Berkshires of MA in the spring and late summer. Early class is the basics, late summer class is for compound joinery.

Check their website. I am also available for private sessions - either one on one or if you want to get a group together I can travel or work out a local venue. I'm in Burlington. I've traveled to teach to WNY, Martha's Vineyard, and NH. Along with conferences in ME and Montebello.
Posted By: daiku

Re: Software - 02/02/11 03:44 PM

I'll be doing a full-day pre-conference workshop in Port Townsend. This will be hands-on. You bring your laptop and follow-along. CB.
Posted By: timberwrestler

Re: Software - 02/04/11 12:24 AM

Ray,

You (and yer lady) are certainly welcome to crash at my place if you decide the Heartwood route.

Brad
Posted By: Ray Gibbs

Re: Software - 02/04/11 02:02 AM

Thanks Brad. It certainly is beautiful country down there and Lynn would love it, especially jam night at that Inn, Buckskin? Buckaway? If I decide to take in another course I'll certainly be in touch. Thanks for the offer.
© 2024 Timber Frame Forums