Timber Framers Guild

Engineer with TF experience.

Posted By: Thane O'Dell

Engineer with TF experience. - 08/31/14 12:56 PM

I am looking for an Engineer in my area(South Western Ontario) to stamp my drawings. Most of my work is Porches and Pool side Cabanas. So far it has only been the city of London that requires an Engineered approved drawing. Is this something that can be done via emails or does it have to be original drawing?
Thanks
Thane
Posted By: Jay White Cloud

Re: Engineer with TF experience. - 09/01/14 02:49 PM

Hi Thane,

PE approval is coming more and more each day as we the Timberwright usurp the allegedly Professional Architect from their work. I work with many great Architects, and more than admire the beauty of their work, and what they bring to the table...Nevertheless, at the end of the day, both our drawings still must be P.E. approved. Now the "client" and "project manager" is actually asking..."So...why do I need an Architect?" I answer, well on many projects; depending on the complexity and experience of your Designer and/or Timberwright...you don't need the Architect.

So, I would, in your place call a well-known P.E. like Ben Brungraber @ http://www.ftet.biz/ whom I have worked with on and off for over 30 years. There are many fine P.E. out there but I hold my bias toward Ben and his team as being one of the best. If he and his team can't help...they will know where to send you. Let me know if you need to talk more about your challenges with P.E. approved drawings.

Regards,

j
Posted By: Thane O'Dell

Re: Engineer with TF experience. - 09/02/14 10:07 AM

Thanks Jay White Cloud. I will send him a message.
Posted By: bmike

Re: Engineer with TF experience. - 09/02/14 05:36 PM

You can also check here:

http://timberframeengineeringcouncil.org

The 'find and engineer' will take you to the TFBC website, where you can search by country, and category.

In addition to Fire Tower, Tim Krahn is another choice, and he's in CA.
I haven't worked with him personally - but know him from TFG conferences and the TFEC.
© 2024 Timber Frame Forums