Timber Framers Guild

Northeast gathering this weekend who's going?

Posted By: Jim Rogers

Northeast gathering this weekend who's going? - 09/17/15 01:25 PM

I am planning on attending on Saturday only.
Who else is going?

Jim Rogers
Posted By: Waccabuc_Steve

Re: Northeast gathering this weekend who's going? - 09/18/15 07:05 PM

Just read about it today, Fri 9/18/15. Too late to change plans and travel. I miss the TFG and the people and activities and sharing, learning & working together. I was extremely frustrated, disappointed and angry at the Bd of Directors presentation to the Membership at the Burlingtom Conference re management, direction, finances, and about the mysterious & covered up firing of Joel McCarty. Most what I heard was Corporate Speak B.S. Really turned me off to TFG, tho I still pay my dues and am a member, and I praise the guild to new people for what it used to be.
I wonder if it's coincidence that TFG Forums are nearly empty. Forestry Forum website is buzzing w activity - advice, comraderie, commerce.
Gotta get back outside on this beautiful day.
Posted By: bmike

Re: Northeast gathering this weekend who's going? - 09/19/15 12:24 PM

There was no cover up. It was discussed and hashed out at length by previous BoDs and was in the works before even I got elected to the Board. It was a difficult time and difficult, hard decision to make. And it is what is is / was.

TFG membership is (should be) more than just paying dues and showing up at events, although that is what most members do. Many previous BoD members and committee volunteers and project leads and TF journal authors give untold hours to keep things moving, sacrificing family time, business time, etc to make it all go.

As to the forum, well. Blame some of this on shortsighted or nonexistent planning and adaptation for social media, forums, Etc. It's been an issue for along time (like many things any volunteer / non profit organization deals with...).
© 2024 Timber Frame Forums