Timber Framers Guild

What's in a word

Posted By: Ken Hume

What's in a word - 11/26/11 08:15 PM

Hi,

The recent post by Jan Lewandoski on the Carpenters Fellowship website :-

http://www.carpentersfellowship.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=480

demonstrates quite clearly the importance of being able to communicate across the Atlantic in a fashion that can be equally understood by all English speaking carpenters regardless of their back yard location.

Regards

Ken Hume
Posted By: bmike

Re: What's in a word - 11/26/11 09:29 PM

Or have the ability to attach some images.
Posted By: Ken Hume

Re: What's in a word - 11/28/11 10:44 AM

OK Mike,

We have now arranged with Jan to supply pictures, sketches and append additional text on the CF post.

This barn is just up the street from you in the Champlain Valley and so your local knowledge should be very useful in helping to enlighten us all.

What's the answer ?

Ken Hume
Posted By: bmike

Re: What's in a word - 11/28/11 12:06 PM

Ken,

If Jan doesn't have a clear answer a mere mortal as I will certainly have very little information (if any) to add. My experience with historic timber structures is from the PA, MD, and NJ area, the earliest still later than what Jan is working with here.

Interesting images though. I'm not sure how one would better or best describe an archeological mystery. Jan put up a lengthy post and it seems that folks still needed some images.

Maybe some of the other posters here will have a clue. But perhaps you shouldn't hide the contents in this thread. Get another one going with clear title and subject so one might find it?
© 2024 Timber Frame Forums