Timber Framers Guild

Dismantling & Reassembly help needed

Posted By: Redwood1

Dismantling & Reassembly help needed - 08/11/02 02:30 PM

I have an 1825 Greek Revival 5 Bay timber frame in MI, that I want disassembled and shipped to CA. I have Sonoma County’s permission to use CA State Historic Building Code. This qualified historic house is remarkably overbuilt, the frame is straight and in good condition other than some dry rot at the sills. It is in almost original condition, not remuddled.
I am looking for someone/Company to either completely disassemble the house, or the frame only, and reassemble it here in CA. I am looking for experienced people to work on this house either in MI or CA
Posted By: Jim Rogers

Re: Dismantling & Reassembly help needed - 08/12/02 12:42 PM

One way to find businesses that can help you is to go to the timber framers guild home page and click on 'resource guide'. Then enter the state of the house "MI" or Michigan and then restoration as the category. This search listed one company. You could try them.
Another way to find companies that can help you is to go to the timber framers business council’s home page and ask them for help finding companies that can help you. Their site is at www.timberframe.org Good luck with your project. Jim
Posted By: Wolf Opel

Re: Dismantling & Reassembly help needed - 08/17/02 03:52 PM

We can do that. For details contact me on my e-mail address.
© 2024 Timber Frame Forums