Print Thread
Rate Thread
Recycling #394 02/17/03 03:10 PM
K
Kimpounds Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hello!
My name is Kimberly Pounds. I have a quick question for anyone regarding how your company goes about recycling the material that you don't use.

Currently we have quite a bit of access material that we don't need. We are trying to do the right thing and recycle this material but can't find anyone to take it.

The best way to describe the material that we have is a corrugated pressed material or medium density fiber board. We used them as wooden frames for lighting fixtures.

If you have any information to share regarding this issue I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you in advance! :rolleyes:

Re: Recycling #395 02/20/03 10:42 AM
A
Annemarie Roseberger Offline
A
Have you tried asking the local high school or technical school if they'd be interested in your scraps? Since school budgets are getting squeezed, schools are having a hard time getting art and shop materials.

Our scraps are all timber cut offs. We have a big wooden bin that we put all the cut offs in and set the bin at the end of the drive with a big FREE sign on it. You wouldn't believe how fast they get taken. We even have regulars who stop by the shop and pick them up.

Re: Recycling #396 02/20/03 03:00 PM
K
Kimpounds Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Annemarie,

Thank you for your response. Believe it or not...that is one of the ideas that I am currently working on. I'm trying to get in touch with the local schools in hopes to donate all of this material. Hopefully I'll be able to find someone who will take it real soon! smile

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users