TFG Lake Naconiche Park Pavilion #31932 01/29/14 02:49 PM
B
bmike Offline OP
OP Offline
B

March 20-28, 2014 in Nacogdoches, Texas
More details on the TFG website:

http://www.tfguild.org/projects

We are accepting registrations for the workshop.
$300 TFG members / $400 non members

Everything from square rule and simple joinery to compound and complex roof framing.

Mike Beganyi Design and Consulting, LLC.
www.mikebeganyi.com
Re: TFG Lake Naconiche Park Pavilion [Re: bmike] #31933 01/29/14 03:02 PM
J
Jim Rogers Online Confused
Online Confused
J
Thanks for posting.

Jim Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Re: TFG Lake Naconiche Park Pavilion [Re: bmike] #31950 01/30/14 09:10 PM
H
Hugh Offline
H
Hello!

I live in Shreveport and have family in Nacadoches so this must be destiny! I have a TF carport desinged and am pricing material. I have been researching my carport project and am excited to know the Guild will be this close to home but I am unsure of what to expect or what I gain to learn at the pavilion project. Also I am not sure I can be away from work for the entire week. Is this something I should make a priority attending?

Hugh

Re: TFG Lake Naconiche Park Pavilion [Re: bmike] #31954 01/30/14 11:05 PM
B
bmike Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi Hugh -

If you are planning on cutting your own frame - this should be a great intro, as well as covering some advanced techniques.

Contact naconiche@tfguild.org with specific questions and the project team can answer direct.

Mike Beganyi Design and Consulting, LLC.
www.mikebeganyi.com
Re: TFG Lake Naconiche Park Pavilion [Re: Hugh] #31956 01/30/14 11:33 PM
R
Roger Nair Offline
R
Guild workshops are very full experiences. There will be maybe a 6 to 1 shop to class time. During class expect wide ranging coverage of topics. Instructors are fully able to answer all questions or refer to someone who can. Shop time covers all tasks. You will layout, cut, check, fit and erect. You will be encouraged to work through problems with your fellow students. Big dangerous tools will be put into your hands. At the start of the week things will go slow but as the class learns and as teamwork emerges the pace increases in ways that will surprise you. And finally after the week, while discussing the project with your fellows, someone will say, "I can't believe it's only been a week" Another will answer "I know it seems like a month" In short you will learn more, do more, eat well, make friends and amaze yourself. If you can swing it, go for it.

Re: TFG Lake Naconiche Park Pavilion [Re: bmike] #32135 03/05/14 03:59 PM
Jack_C Offline
We have offered a $400.00 Scholarship to this event. Please connect with Tim Chauvin, TFG representative for this project at the below Email address to express interest and/or inquire about the availability of funds. I believe the deadline is fast approaching:

naconiche@tfguild.org

Jack Costantino, Pres.
Timber Frames Unlimited, LLC
jack@timberframesunlimited.com
TFBC BoD
Re: TFG Lake Naconiche Park Pavilion [Re: bmike] #32141 03/08/14 04:14 AM
J
Jayson Offline
J
Hey folks! If anyone is on the fence about this project...Pull the trigger! You will not find a leadership team like you find on this project anywhere. I have had the privilege to work with a few of these guys and knowledge of the craft is an understatement. I worked at Tim's shop and it was great. He is incredibly knowledgeable in terms of the big picture of a timberframe and leaves no questions unanswered.
Beautiful country. Lake Raburn and the Angelina National Forest is just south of there and with a little research (or a msg to me) you could check out some old growth longleaf pine. Serious regrets about missing this one. There a really cool historic hotel in town. Starts with a F I think. Fontana maybe. I could be totally wrong about the hotel.
Anyway that's my 2 cents. I promise it's time and money well spent.
Oh, by the way if your a Willie Nelson fan you may have already heard of Nacogdoches. Y'all have fun.

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
HFT, Wrongthinker, kaymaxi, RLTJohn, fendrishi
5134 Registered Users