Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
If you won't complain how will we get better ? #96 03/19/02 07:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anybody advise me the email address and name of the real Guild Web Master.

I have a rediculous on going situation where I cannot log in using my own name and after repeated attempts to email info@tfg and "how do we get better if you won't complain" no one seems to respond positively on how this can be resolved.

I am not sure about other visitors to the site but "ask the experts" seems to have lost nearly 2 years worth of entries or is this just another problem that I alone am experiencing.

Bill Ding

Re: If you won't complain how will we get better ? #97 03/19/02 09:44 PM
J
jekbear Offline
J
Thanks for this post - I am having exactly the same experience. I sent a note to "Contact TFG" and got no reply. Don't know if they're too busy to reply or if all the electrons got dumped into the bit bucket somewhere. jekbear

Re: If you won't complain how will we get better ? #98 03/20/02 01:49 AM
J
John Milburn Offline
J
Ken&Jek, Same here, I am also disapointed that we lost all of the posts. I couldn't get into anything, Had to get a new password. I'm not sure I like this new format, but I guess we'll get used to it, John

Re: If you won't complain how will we get better ? #99 03/20/02 03:29 AM
Joel McCarty Offline
Gentlemen.

Our apologies for your troubles - and an explanation:

The software that ran the old bulletin board that we all liked is no longer supported by its manufacturer - but of course they have a spiffy new version for us to buy in its place.

Why did we replace it in the first place? Because it stopped working.

The new version, which is working quite well (and generating more traffic than the old, for some reason), was installed by the manufacturer. The old posts are still there, but for some reason we cannot yet see them.

We are nagging them to fix this.

Perhaps they will.

info@tfguild.org appears to be working. If you are having specific problems with logging in, please let me know through that address. It is possible that you will have to be 're-set' before your username will function as it used to.

Our apologies to all inconvenienced and offended. ATE had been working so well for so long, that we didnt know how important it was until it stopped.

Joel McCarty

Re: If you won't complain how will we get better ? #100 03/20/02 03:29 AM
N
northern hewer Offline
N
Hi all:
I also experienced the same problem, and I am a bit dismayed that all the other posts disappeared, because I liked to review them from time to time. I sort of figured that someone was updating the web site. It could also be that a clean up was due just like cleaning the shop. I am sure those in charge will come up with a post explaining everything. for the record I enjoyed the format of the old site. Ken I had to re register to be able to get access to the site.
On another subject is anyone coming to the TTRAG conference in Morrisburg?

Re: If you won't complain how will we get better ? #101 03/20/02 07:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the support and reassurance guys.

Given your similar experiences I reckon that I am now on track to get my second flaming hay bale.

Now what happened to the first one ?

Ken Hume (alias Tim Frame and Bill Ding)

Re: If you won't complain how will we get better ? #102 03/20/02 02:03 PM
J
Jim Rogers Online Confused
Online Confused
J
To moderator:
I've hinted about this in another post, but I'd like an explanation of how to post a picture to these messages, and if that is truly possible. There seems to be a way to do it, I've read the instructions by not being the greatest computer wiz, I can't seem to understand it. Do you need to have a url site where the picture is to reference it in your message? Or can you upload it to the boards computer and then reference it's file location in your message so it shows when a person reads your message?
Hopefully the answers will be simple for us framers and sawyers, and others to understand. Jim

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Re: If you won't complain how will we get better ? #103 03/21/02 05:47 PM
Joel McCarty Offline
I don't know of any way you can post a picture to the board.

You CAN send it as an attachment to anyone whose email address you have.

Also, as you suggest, you can post the picture on the interenet somewhere, and then point to it in your post.

I suppose I could create a spot on the TFG web site to post pix by request.

Would that help?

Re: If you won't complain how will we get better ? #104 03/22/02 12:06 AM
J
Jim Rogers Online Confused
Online Confused
J
Yes that would help but, if you go to the webpage below: What is UBB Code? you'll see this in the section labeled:

Displaying Images
To add a graphic within your message, just encase the URL of the graphic image as shown in the following example."(IMG)http://www.infopop.com/artwork/footer_logotype.gif (/IMG)" Which displays this:

In the example above, the UBBCode™ automatically makes the graphic visible in your message. Note: the "http://" part of the URL is REQUIRED for the [img] code. Also note: some UBB forums may disable the [img] tag support to prevent objectionable images from being viewed.

Can you or anyone explain this to me. It seems that we should be able to post pictures with our messages. I do this all the time on other woodworking forums. It's usually not hard to up load a picture to the forum's computer and then reference the location of the picture in your message.
What i'm asking is, is that the procedure here? If so how do you do it.
Didn't you guys get any manual with the program? Don't you have a customer service tech who you can email and get him to 'translate' these instructions so we all can understand them. Maybe i'm just slow. But i still can't get it. Please try and find us some answers.
It would be great to help everyone learn and pass on information if we could post pictures with our questions and comments.
Thanks in advance.
Jim

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Re: If you won't complain how will we get better ? #105 03/22/02 02:04 AM
J
John Milburn Offline
J
Joel, I think you know we all enjoy this forum. Sometimes I think we all just like to toot! Good luck, and keep up the good work, John

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
HFT, Wrongthinker, kaymaxi, RLTJohn, fendrishi
5134 Registered Users