Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Wait a minute.... #10314 11/01/06 05:57 AM
T
Timber Goddess Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Boy, you never know what you're gonna get when you actually take the time to scroll that curser down to the bottom of the page!
I supose 'Axe Throwing' could be applied to many things...
Is this some kind of guy talk, like the chick term 'bitching' or 'venting'?
(Oh, god, I thought I was just joking, but maybe it really is... I should maybe just slowly back away, and scroll my little curser the hell outta here...!) :rolleyes: "la la la"
*K

Re: Wait a minute.... #10316 11/03/06 05:15 AM
T
Timber Goddess Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Bitch away, Derek. I understand perfectly the animosity generated by the onslaught of the hundegger...I have lived thru it in the shop, in my community, and in this forum. I touched somewhat on my feelings towards it all in the timberframe philosophy post.

Businessmen defend it because it makes them lots more $$$.

I personaly defend it for keeping me in a steady job while still being able to continue my apprenticeship. But in the meantime I hang out here and learn from the experts.

I don't mind a bit o' bitchin' headed in my direction, I can take it...I'll try to respond from the heart.
*K

Re: Wait a minute.... #10318 11/03/06 07:09 PM
M
Mark Davidson Offline
M
I had a hundegger open up about 5 miles away from me just as I decided to move from farming to framing. It gave me pause, I can tell you that. It also helped me decide to stay close to my roots in the historical end. the hundegger shop can crank them out and I'll chop them out. BUT, as derek recently wrote "the hardest thing in timberframing is finding the next client" Chopping out frames is not a road paved with gold, just golden hearts. mmmm getting thirsty for some limeaid...

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users