Just a short line to let you know that I still am offering for sale the following topics in dvd form, traditional hewing, adzing and broadaxe handle making.

I still have a family heirloom broadaxe in a silent auction, you can view it in a previous post, this will continue to run until may 30th 2007.

I also am offering for sale two historic building raisings, one a 3 bay English barn, and the other a smaller horse barn. Both these buildings were reconstructed using traditional methods of hewing the timbers from round logs, and using man\horse power to raise the bents. Up to 40 men participated in the larger raising.

These offerings are also explained in more detail in past posts on this "tools for Sale" site, just scroll back and you will come to the individual posts.

These topics are very interesting, and are designed for those that want to try their hand at using the traditional tools.

I am offering these as the next best thing to actually taking a hands on day course, I have over 30 years of demonstrating and using these fascinating historic tools. I have also participated as an instructor in a number of hands on classes over my years, and understand the techniques required to introduce the casual interested student to the physical aspect of grasping one of these tools and creating squared timber for your own use.

Contact me for more information,

The Northern Hewer