Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hume & Son – Announcement (July 2007) #12081 07/05/07 11:25 AM
K
Ken Hume Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hume & Son are pleased to announce that senior partner Kenneth F Hume has been awarded a Masters Degree in Timber Building Conservation from Bournemouth University. Simultaneously junior partner James W Hume has been awarded a First Class Honours Masters Degree in Engineering, Economics and Management from The University of Oxford (Balliol College).

These degree awards significantly enhance the capability of Hume & Son to provide professional engineering, design & conservation services to both the new build and historic timber framed structure marketplaces.

Hume & Son would particularly like to acknowledge the significant contribution and support towards the successful completion of these degrees provided by The Timber Framers Guild, Mr. Mark Hicks M.Sc. M.I.W.Sc – Managing Director of Border Oak Design & Construction and the officers of The Domestic Buildings Research Group (Surrey).

For further details contact Ken Hume :-
Email ken@kfhume.freeserve.co.uk
Tel. 01256 881344

Looking back to see the way ahead !
Re: Hume & Son – Announcement (July 2007) [Re: Ken Hume] #12082 07/05/07 02:04 PM
J
Jim Rogers Online Confused
Online Confused
J
Great job Ken and Son....

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Re: Hume & Son – Announcement (July 2007) [Re: Jim Rogers] #12096 07/05/07 09:07 PM
M
Mark Davidson Offline
M
Ditto, Good work and carry on. Ken has a great website worth checking out:
http://www.kfhume.freeserve.co.uk/

Re: Hume & Son – Announcement (July 2007) [Re: Mark Davidson] #12131 07/07/07 06:24 PM
K
Ken Hume Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hi Jim & Mark,

Thank you for those kind words of support. It’s been a long haul.

You may be interested to note that I posted an identical announcement on the UK Carpenters Fellowship notice board only for Norman Guiver – the current chairman of that organisation to issue instructions to the webmaster to tear down this post because he considers it to be “web space theft” unless the person making the post is a member of the UK Carpenters Fellowship. This represents a seriously disturbing trend in the now well established and much welcome cross pond practice of reciprocal and unharrassed posting of notes regardless of TFG or CF membership.

I am pleased to confirm that the TFG scholarship fund played an important and proactive part in allowing my son James to become a TFG scholarship student member of The Guild enabling him to attend Conferences at preferential rates where he was able to make contact with the movers and shakers of the timber framing industry. Many of these contacts have freely given of their time to explain how they established and built their businesses and have opened their workshops and even their homes to provide the support, nurture and example that are so necessary to encourage our young folks to enter this remarkable timber framing industry.

I firmly believe that important achievements attained even in part as a result of the Guild Scholarship programme should be fully recognised. With my son being such a modest fellow it is probably not entirely unreasonable for me, as his very proud dad, to be able to be able to proclaim his achievement and say a very big thank you to the board, executive and membership who have all helped make this possible.

Well done TFG. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Ken Hume M.Sc.

Re: Hume & Son – Announcement (July 2007) [Re: Ken Hume] #12133 07/07/07 09:27 PM
J
Jim Rogers Online Confused
Online Confused
J
I wasn't aware of the rules for the CF board and don't view it that much.....
That type of thing doesn't seem to be a friendly type of thing to do....

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Re: Hume & Son – Announcement (July 2007) [Re: Jim Rogers] #21236 09/26/09 08:02 AM
K
Ken Hume Offline OP
OP Offline
K
The following notice extract has just appeared on the TFBC weekly update :-

UK Carpenter's Fellowship Elect New Chair

The Chairmanship of this British based Timber Framer's organization passed to Bill Keir, from out-going Chairman Norman Guiver at the Fellowship's Annual General Meeting, held at their 10th annual gathering 'Frame 2009.'

Bill is known to many of you through his service at the Timber Framers Guild.

Congratulations to Bill!

Last edited by Ken Hume; 09/26/09 08:06 AM.

Re: Hume & Son – Announcement (July 2007) [Re: Ken Hume] #28614 04/29/12 07:50 AM
N
nanosilver13 Offline
N
I suggested. I think it might be useful for some people.

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
HFT, Wrongthinker, kaymaxi, RLTJohn, fendrishi
5134 Registered Users