Hi Joel: I am writing to inform you and the tfguild that beginning January 4th, 2005 I will instruct a small group (10 students) from College of the Atlantic in Bar Harbor, Maine. We hope to join and raise a 16X20 traditionally joined (square rule method) timber frame. Three bents, 8X10 top plates, 8X8 posts, 8X10 ties, 4X8 common rafters and loft joists, 8X8 sill plates and 4X8 floor joists. The species is spruce. All timbers have been donated by a local arborist, MDI Tree Service. Sawyer is Wights Sawmill in Blue Hill. The COA students, thru a work study program will be able to devote approxamatly 2 days a week to this project. One student is doing this as his senior project and will be doing more work and documenting his progress. My teaching time is donated. A small stipend by COA will be paying for electricity and wood heat at our shop. If there are others interested in timber frame basics, please e-mail me john@sweettimberframes.com or call me at 207-276-3254 best regards John Sweet
PS- This is short notice, any interested may start later