Yesterday I bought some beams from an Amish gentleman in Indiana off of I-70 near the Ohio border. He also showed me a whole bunch of SYP 6X6's he had and wanted to know if I was interested. They came out of a warehouse. He demo's barns and other similar structures quite readily and is looking for someone who'd be interested in some of the good reclaimed timber. He has a bunch of these 6X6's, stacks of them. I would think that you'd need to skim/trim them on each side to use as they are gray and weathered on the outside and some bumps and bruises on some of the corners. He had cut a few open on his band mill to show what they look like and they look very nice inside. He's not set up to effeciently cut them though. The fresh sawn ones looked to have more of an orangish hue to them. So I don't know if they'd best be used for flooring or remilling as brace stock, or floor joists? If anyone is interested, please contact me and I'll give you his phone number (you have to leave a message as his phone is not in his house and he as to go check it. Nice guy. He needs to find outlets for the reclaimed beams he salvages. Please also give me any suggestions to give him. Of course, if he were on the net, it would be far easier for him to make contacts, but he's Amish so that's not going to happen. bradbb@surfbest.net