Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#13557 - 12/16/07 10:47 AM Re: popular old barn layouts [Re: Tony T]
mo Offline

Loc: Charleston, SC
Tony,

Just a few steps.

1. you have to have a photosite that can upload your pictures from your files on your computer to the internet. I use Dropshots which is a free site.

2. Once you set that up. You upload your pictures. The site makeS THIS REALLY EASY (SORRY MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK)> JUST REMEMBER WHERE YOU HAVE THE JPEG ON YOUR COMPUTER (WHAT FILE)>

#> ONCE YOU DO THAT YOU CAN TYPE YOUR REPLY (MAKE SURE YOU CLICK REPLY ON THE FORUM INSTEAD OF QUICK REPLY> Then have the forum open in one window and your dropshots site in another.

4. Click the image icon on the forum reply toolbar.
5. Go to your dropshots site. Right click the picture. Open properties. Copy the properties from there and paste in the image dialog box of the forum.
6. Preview post, should be there and post.

Hope this helps, mo

#13559 - 12/16/07 12:48 PM Re: popular old barn layouts [Re: mo]
Dave Shepard Offline

Loc: Alford, MA
Tony T, how is Richard these days? I don't know him personally, but a friend of mine worked for him in the 70's. I have read "Old Barns..." several times. I think he did a lot for the timber framing world.

BTW, I am on the other end of the county from you.

Dave

#13782 - 01/04/08 11:57 PM Re: popular old barn layouts [Re: bert sarkkinen]
zopi Offline

Go to www.Books.google.com and click for full view books, then search for barn construction or whatever...books that have come into public domain and have been scanned are available for free...i found one with some barn designs a few weeks ago.

#15159 - 04/18/08 09:11 PM Re: popular old barn layouts [Re: Dave Shepard]
eric Offline

Bert-

A nice book that I didnt see in the string of responses here is called "The Pennsylvania Barn" written by Robert Ensminger. It deals with where barns originated in Europe and how they got to North America and all of the transformations they went through in the process. Very in depth and good book.
eric

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 
Newest Members
Ward, upexyvo, HMark, Ronny, Sweetfarm
4882 Registered Users