I've searched the membership for an engineer licensed in Arkansas to no avail. Thus, I am looking for an engineer who would will be willing to obtain an Arkansas license. It appears to me that Arkansas has some sort of reciprocity.

My plan is to start a small timber frame company in Arkansas within the next year. Later this year I plan to build a barn/shop as well as a small house. Both of these are in the country, so no engineering stamp is necessary. However, for these two frames I need an experienced timber frame engineer with whom I can have some give and take during the design process, but I will not need to have anything stamped. Thus, I suppose an Arkansas license would not be required for 2008.

In 2009, I will need engineering services to not only assist me in the design process, but also to provide the necessary stamps in Arkansas.

I am planning to attend the Western Conference in April, and would very much like to meet any engineers who would be interested in working with me. I am not looking for a freebie here, I expect to pay for these services.

My direct email address is dalekramsey@gmail.com. Thanks.

Dale