Come walk with me as I go to the woodlot and pick out appropriate types of naturally bent wood for a new broadaxe handle, we then go through the process of handcarving out a new 3" offset handle covering all aspects of its production.

Then watch the setup and hewing to the line of a hand squared timber, many points of interest associated with the hewing process is covered from start to finish.

The hewing axe head itself is well documented as well as the various handles that one might have. Many issues that surround handles are debated such as the length and historical shape.

No one offers a superior documentary than the one that I have put together, as a teaching aid for those that are truly interested in learning the age old art of "Hewing Timber".

Over 30 years of experience and 3 generations of family backgroung knowledge has gone into the production of this teaching aid.

This documentary is a great addition to your collection of research materials, and makes good viewing for students, and traditional woodworking groups

Contact me for more information at

Richard.casselman@sympatico.ca

NH