I don't have the anvil type, now I need to try the anvil type to see the result.

Brad, the first time I tried the loppers was a few years ago in a horse stall. A horse expert was viewing the stall and commented on the pegs sticking out and the fact that at times a horse may move around more than we think, impaling himself. I went around the corner and came back with the loppers. In a mater of moments all the offending pegs were trimmed back. Sawing pegs off can be a tedious process at times and the loppers just make it slick. The ones in the picture were up side down and they are way up in the peak, basically out of sight. In this case form follows function, an excuse I use frequently for justification.

Historically as a side note, most older barns I view have short pegs and they were not trimmed at all. When they made the pegs the stock was an inch or two longer than the timber. My pegs happen to be 4-5 inches longer for some applications, this is what I am trimming back. It just happens to be my form/function.

As a second note, the trusses in the picture are being transported fully assembled and I needed the pegs to be short for packaging. Tim