Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: East Conf- Costs, lifestyles, values Who goes? [Re: Gabel] #17278 11/05/08 04:41 PM
W
Waccabuc Offline
W
Hey Gabel, I rcvd your email, and since my letter to the Auction Request is generating response and strong opinions I will post it here for more people to see and to add more comments, ideas and suggestions. Will B. quickly sent me an encouraging reply, and I am getting more thanks for writing down my thoughts.
Gotta go back out to work, I'll reply to indiv emails tonight.
Steve
p.s. I sent a sheepskin coat and some fine quality work shirts, and a very comfortable pullover sweater for the auction. This year heating fuel oil is c. $4.30/gal here in NY. Hope someone finds them useful and to raise some $ for the guild.

My reply to Susan N. Auction Request:
I will mail a package to donate a fund-raising auction item.
I would like to hear Odate and Benson, plus see many other TFers, and partake in the high energy and the spirit of the Guild and the Eastern Conf.
I can't afford the cost, c. $8-900 with lodging and travel. In September I consulted and advised the owner of an old PA barn for restoration and repair. He's new to TFing, and very enthusiastic to learn more. He brought up the Nov 2008 Eastern Conf in conversation, but said that considering the cost it was too much to spend for a weekend. I didn't disagree, but encouraged him to join the TFG and find great people and some ways to participate.
I give my preference for NON luxury resort venues. I attend in order to be w old and new friends, to learn and share, and get pumped up, and I hope to inspire and help others too. Luxury accommodations, 18 hole golf courses, and rooms w a view and room service are not at all what I want nor want to pay for as part of the cost of attending a TFG Conf.
I may be in the minority, but I liked the facilities at Canaan Valley WV State Park and Hanover NH and Silver Bay NY. Morrisburg Ontario and the college dorms in Putney VT and Elizabethtown PA were adequate - a roof and a bed. A variety of fresh, nourishing food is greatly appreciated, really a basic requirement too. The option of camping onsite is appreciated, with acceptance of kids and family dogs. I could elaborate but won't unless asked.
Are you getting any opinions similar to mine? Are #s of attendees leading you to ask Qs? I'll cc this to the Directors and the TFG Board. I appreciate the good work you all do, and all that I have gained and enjoyed by my membership in the TFG.
Steve Miller Waccabuc NY

Shine on!
Re: East Conf- Costs, lifestyles, values Who goes? [Re: Waccabuc] #17281 11/05/08 04:56 PM
W
Waccabuc Offline
W
Gabel, my mistake - I rcvd an email from Whit.
Steve

Shine on!
Re: East Conf- Costs, lifestyles, values Who goes? [Re: Waccabuc] #17291 11/06/08 01:05 AM
G
Gabel Offline OP
OP Offline
G
no problem, Steve

I don't have much time tonight so I can't get into this fully, but I am glad to see this being discussed here -- i am sure that some good will come of it.

cheers

Re: Eastern Conference -- Who all is going? [Re: daiku] #17327 11/12/08 01:08 PM
G
Grigg Offline
G
I had a great time at the conference!

Is there an on-line evaluation form? I must have missed the paper one.

Grigg

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc, Will B 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users