Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Help a new fella out [Re: TIMBEAL] #18249 02/18/09 01:19 PM
Joel McCarty Offline
Now it is time for each of you to face Cecil's holy resting place, tip your heads respectfully, and say 'thanks'.

Do we have any interesting topics left?

Re: Help a new fella out [Re: Ken Hume] #18251 02/18/09 02:13 PM
C
Chris Hall Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Ken Hume
Dear AAK,

My sincere apologies for this hijacking. I tried to keep my replies brief for this very reason but brevity is obviously not some people's strong point.

Don,

Potato chips are French fries !

Chris,

You are quite wrong about Cecil Hewett. I was fortunate to meet him at Cressing Temple, Essex before his sad departure from this world. He was a very practical carpenter and indeed a very good model maker. He was a historic buildings conservation officer and not an academic. We all make mistakes and Cecil was no Saint in this respect, however the body of knowledge that he assembled and published during his lifetime is still beyond compare.

I am indeed pleased to hear that you have now said your piece on this matter, frankly you have overstated your case and said way too much and I can appreciate why AAK is probably more than just a little annoyed.

Regards

Ken Hume

Ken,

thanks for the clarification about Hewett - I didn't know that, and it alters my perspective in a positive manner. I wonder why he made no mention of his background as a practical carpenter in his books?

AAK, this thread hijack was all me, so my apologies. I hope I did provide some useful help with my post on a drawing method for the roof proportioning.

In brevity,

Chris

My blog on carpentry practice, East and West:

https://thecarpentryway.blog
Re: Help a new fella out [Re: Ken Hume] #18276 02/19/09 02:29 AM
A
AAK Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Ken, that's okay. I have gotten the necessary information I was looking for thanks to some other members. So you fellas have fun with this gambrel topic!

Re: Help a new fella out [Re: Chris Hall] #18277 02/19/09 02:31 AM
A
AAK Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Chris-- No problem with the hijacking. You did help me out, and I have had all my concerns addressed so you guys feel free to discuss this more if you want. I just thought it was funny how this topic has generated such discussion.

Andy

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users