Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
tf rubies make joint...... #19156 04/14/09 09:36 AM
N
nerble Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hi, I have been using your rubies for about a year , and they have been working great , I recently upgrade to 7 and reinstalled the latest edition of the rubies , and can not seem to get the make joint to work ...I have revisited your videos to ensure that I am following the correct procedure and still that option is remaining grayed out . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I have several projects stalled......

Re: tf rubies make joint...... [Re: nerble] #19168 04/14/09 01:57 PM
daiku Offline
If the option is there, but greyed out, then the rubies are probably installed correctly. Make sure that the timber is a component at the top level of the model - not part of any other group or component. And the joint must be a sub-component of the timber component. Also, it's possible that you have already created a joint from it. When you right click on it, does TF ID: indicate that it's a joint?

If you're still having problems, you can email me the skippy. CB.

--
Clark Bremer
Minneapolis
Proud Member of the TFG
Re: tf rubies make joint...... [Re: daiku] #19206 04/15/09 09:33 AM
N
nerble Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thank you ... For some reason I got to thinking I could model my joints separately and then add them ....lol I can be sooo E-tarded some times...... Thanks again for your help...Im going to get your book on order this week... so I don't forget again

Re: tf rubies make joint...... [Re: nerble] #19215 04/15/09 12:55 PM
daiku Offline
You CAN model your joints seperately and then add them. You just need to be editing the timber when you pull the joint out of your library, so that it ends up being a sub-component. CB.

--
Clark Bremer
Minneapolis
Proud Member of the TFG
Re: tf rubies make joint...... [Re: daiku] #19237 04/15/09 10:43 PM
N
nerble Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Ahhhh. I see ... Thank you ...again you have been very helpfull ... and I realy do apreciate it ... I have tried to make it to your class at the last three conferances ..but so far my busy scedual has left mre figurering it out for my self,..if you are ever down here in the south land and would like to do a saterday or sun class , let me know ,I know of several who would pay to participate ..... you can e mail at clifford.anthony.wilson@gmail.com and thank you once again for all your help, you just dont great cousomer service theses days ..let alone on a free product !

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc, Paul Freeman 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users