Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Man its dead around here #1941 09/17/05 07:11 AM
B
bman4523 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I am in the process of cutting a frame myself and have only posted on this board a couple of times, but I must say this is one of the slowest moving DB I have looked at. Every day I check it (sometimes twice a day looking for tid bits of info from the old saws and NADA. I have a post just a few topics down and it just seems to never get pushed down. Are all you full timers to swamped or dead tired at the end of the day to post? I can sorta understand, I for one am in the electrical trade, just doing my own timber frame but I don’t ever even look at DB's associated with my field of expertise. I’ll tell you what, you post a bunch of comments to my comments and questions on that post that just sits there and I will suffer through any questions you have about electrical installations. Deal? Or at least post some bits of interesting info like, "ya I mean this customer is so picky about the frame were doing I almost packed up and walked today when they said that draw pin needed to stick out both sides of the tie beam equally" Just to know that I am not alone in the universe of timberdom as I cut my frame with fear and trepidation would be something! Please don’t take my comments too literally, well ya take em literally, no, just sorta seriously, I need the moral support.
Bman
wink

Re: Man its dead around here #1942 09/17/05 12:55 PM
daiku Offline
BMan:

It has been kind slow here recently. It's usually more lively. There have been some server crashes, where the board is unavailable for a week at a time. It takes a while for traffic to recover from that. Hang in there. CB.

--
Clark Bremer
Minneapolis
Proud Member of the TFG
Re: Man its dead around here #1943 09/17/05 02:47 PM
M
Mark Davidson Offline
M
I hate to say it, but there is another tf forum that seems to have lots of traffic these days:

http://www.forestryforum.com/board/index.php?board=11.0

I'll also agree with CB, this forum has been busier and most likely will be again. I'll also say that your assembly/pegging post got a good dose of well thought out replies, and, if you're bored with no new posts and looking for specific information, searching the tfg site is a good use of your time. There are two search engines, one at the top of this page and one on the main page.....

Re: Man its dead around here #1944 09/17/05 03:24 PM
B
bman4523 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Ok men, at least now I don't feel like a lone voice calling in the wilderness. Thnx bman

Re: Man its dead around here #1945 09/17/05 03:39 PM
B
bman4523 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
By the way Mark, thank you for the link, thats what Im talkin about, 20 and 30 somethin replys to a post baby!

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users