Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Re: Daisy Wheel [Re: ] #19809 05/18/09 04:08 PM
Tom Cundiff Offline
Originally Posted By: djswan

I'm not trying to bogart Tom's fine display of daisy wheels, I'm trying to pass but I keep finding dust of information. grin This is fascinating. I'm on something good here, answers.

Oh don't mind me, I was just having a Daisy/Dandelion Fever attack ( stems & seeds thing ?). I thought my head was about to implode /explode simultaneously.

Nassim Haramein
cool, crop circles too.
Discussion of the 64 Tetraherron Grid
Squeegee Your Third Eye

Not all who wander are lost.
Re: Daisy Wheel [Re: Tom Cundiff] #19811 05/18/09 04:55 PM
mo Offline
how bout little wheel going around big wheel. smile

Re: Daisy Wheel [Re: bmike] #19812 05/18/09 04:56 PM
Tom Cundiff Offline
Originally Posted By: bmike
... remember the modern daisy wheel?

You mean this one?

Which of these tools is more accurate?

To learn more about the compass and dividers, I recommend looking for old Mechanical Drawing books or a copy of "Audels Mathematics and Calculations for Mechanics". It "will be of value"

Re: Daisy Wheel [Re: Tom Cundiff] #19814 05/18/09 06:15 PM
Tom Cundiff Offline
More Links
Vortex/ Fractal Math "Marko Rodin has discovered a series of regularities in the decimal number system ..... known as the Rodin Solution and often referred to as the Rodin Coil".

Psychadelic Trance Culture Now I get it, this explains everything.

Re: Daisy Wheel [Re: Jim Rogers] #19822 05/19/09 12:05 AM
T
TIMBEAL Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Don, I don't see the pages of The Old Way of Seeing being shredded with use but it does have some interesting aspects. I fine I have a mental block when I read such books and they go on about the subtleties of architecture, pointing out the right way and wrong way of building. I am sure there is, it just is not one of my favorite choices of reading materiel. I picked it up for its brief mention of geometry and the connection to buildings. I may find more to it, I have not completed it yet, I have three different books going at the same time, something I don't do well.

We did build the large three dimensional daisy wheel, it even got a coat of paint. I can't find the cable to the camera for transferring pictures, I will when the cable shows up, just for fun. We followed some oriental influences in building it, 6 long sticks and 12 shorter (half the long stick) length sticks.

Tim

Re: Daisy Wheel [Re: TIMBEAL] #19823 05/19/09 12:28 AM
T
TIMBEAL Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Tom, interesting and far out links. I have always found 3,6 and 9 great numbers.

I am going to thy and make a set of dividers form one stick of wood, I saw a set in York, Maine, during a tour of a building at TTRAG. I have a picture but the same problem as listed above.

I don't see the daisy wheel as being pagan. How do you define pagan anyway? Sun worshipers? Why are there so many pyramids found around the world?

Tim

Re: Daisy Wheel [Re: TIMBEAL] #19825 05/19/09 01:12 AM
OurBarns1 Offline
Originally Posted By: TIMBEAL

I don't see the daisy wheel as being pagan. How do you define pagan anyway? Sun worshipers? Why are there so many pyramids found around the world?

Tim

Tim,

The term Pagan is often misunderstood. Many years ago, I used to think it meant devil worship. Think pentagram (sometimes displayed as an upsidedown star.) Rightside up (within a circle) is the pagan symbol.

But paganism is a religion that basically subscribes to many different gods, typically based on the seasons and nature. Pagans are very in touch w/ the natural rhythms of life: the circle of life. The Druids and Celts (the indigenous peoples of England) were pagans. Those who built Stonehenge were pagans.

Christianity expelled/cleansed/drove these gods from the minds of early Europeans. "One God" was to be worshipped, and certainly not an earthly-based one.

Pagans do not subscribe to the idea of "one god" up in a "heaven."

Ancient Roman and Greek mythology celebrated a host of gods; this a pagan trait. Kind of like the Native Americans, most early Asian cultures (Tibet, Buddhists, etc.) Pretty much all the world's indigenous cultures, really...

The wheel may be christian, it may be pagan... I guess my question is whether it was a building tool or a ceremonial tool.

If it was for ceremony (whatever church it may be from), it basically means the layout of old buildings has a religious basis.

Don Perkins
Member, TFG

to know the trees...

Re: Daisy Wheel [Re: TIMBEAL] #19828 05/19/09 04:00 AM
Tom Cundiff Offline

Last edited by Tom Cundiff; 05/19/09 04:07 AM.

Re: Daisy Wheel [Re: Tom Cundiff] #19829 05/19/09 04:17 AM
Tom Cundiff Offline

Re: Daisy Wheel [Re: OurBarns1] #19831 05/19/09 07:42 AM
K
Ken Hume Offline
K
Hi Don,

A minor point of correction. Until a few years ago the English were mainly Anglo-Saxon with a smattering of Jute / Norman / Viking / Dane / Roman, etc. Celts are indigenous to Ireland with many of these people relocating later to Scotland. Wales also has a high Celtic constituent in ts population. Celts are dark haired, fair skinned and their first toe is longer or sticks out further than their big toe. The Druids did not build Stonehenge -they came much later.

Your points about Paganism are well made and I find myself having much in common with their thoughts, attitudes and respect of nature and the seasons in their approach to life. Quite sensible really.

Regards

Ken Hume

Looking back to see the way ahead !
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc, Paul Freeman 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users