TF Rubies Version 1.18 for Sketchup now availalbe #20273 06/12/09 03:06 PM
daiku Offline OP
OP Offline
Download from the usual place:

http://www.northernlightstimberframing.com/su/downloads/

Installation Instructions in the usual place

http://www.northernlightstimberframing.com/su/

Here’s what’s new:

• Reference face marks are now automatically placed on the shop drawings. In the whole frame model, paint the reference faces a color (easiest to use the ‘repaint face’ tool included in the distribution). You can use more than one color. For example, I use pink to indicate a face that is both a reference face, and does not get sanded (because it’s on the outside of the frame). I use tan to indicate a reference face that does get sanded.

• Mortise Depths are now color coded in gray scale. This give a visual clue as to the depth of a face in a mortise. The further from the top surface of the timber, the darker the color. The coloring takes place when you execute the “TF create joint” function. So your existing library will not be affected. I added a new command to help you update your library. Edit a timber, then right click on a joint, and select “reroll joint” to add the color coding. Then save the updated timber back to your library.

• Directional labels (NSEWTB) are now much improved. If you didn’t use them before, you may want to give them a try again. They are now offset from the ends of the joinery (not the end of the timber body), and they work better on angled timbers like rafters. The labels are now on their own layer, so you can quickly disable them for an individual timber. Also now compatible with Google Earth: The positive green axis is north.

• Added an option to re-order the four faces in the shop drawings. In addition to the standard “unwrap” order, there is a new option for “roll”, which is the order that Dietrichs uses.

• Built-in dihedral angle finder. If you right click on an edge that has exactly two connected faces, the context menu will display the angle between those faces – the dihedral angle. This is useful for compound joinery, as it will give you the angle to set your saw bevel to.

• Fixed a bug in the timber list function that would ignore a named timber if it duplicated the name of another timber. Now it will just be listed twice.

The TF Rubies Manual has also been updated, and the new version will be available from the Guild shortly. If you have the old version of the manual, I don’t think you need to get the new version.

--
Clark Bremer
Minneapolis
Proud Member of the TFG
Re: TF Rubies Version 1.18 for Sketchup now availalbe [Re: daiku] #20728 07/21/09 01:25 PM
daiku Offline OP
OP Offline
I just uploaded a minor patch to version 1.18(c). There was a problem with some faces getting an incorrect NSEWTB label. And some rafters were not working in shop drawings. If you're not having problems, then don't bother with the update. CB.

--
Clark Bremer
Minneapolis
Proud Member of the TFG
Re: TF Rubies Version 1.18 for Sketchup now availalbe [Re: daiku] #21253 09/29/09 06:38 PM
M
Mark Davidson Offline
M
Thank you x 1,ooo,ooo CB.

Re: TF Rubies Version 1.18 for Sketchup now availalbe [Re: Mark Davidson] #21259 09/29/09 10:17 PM
T
TIMBEAL Offline
T
That could be written as 1.0x10 to the sixth, thanks.

Just bumping up on my physics.

Tim

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc, Paul Freeman 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users