Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Raising: Thanks, Northern Lights Timberframing #21202 09/22/09 12:44 AM
Bigshow Offline OP
OP Offline
This isnt so much a question, as its a declaration:

I will keep this short, as I will have vast amounts of info on my blog (see signature in this post) for anyone wishing to see more. I started raising, but was burning through crane time horrifically. After a conversation with Clark (owner of Northern Lights Timberframing), he indicated that two of his crew could come down and assist me in raising the frame my wife and I had cut. Clark sent two of his crew (Lefty and Patrick) down. And here is what they delivered:

Professionalism
Skill
Organization
Confidence in their craft
Great to be around and work with
and most importantly, a solution to my dilemma (crane time and a frame to raise).

I'm in my mid 30's and my parents are still a large part of my life. They spent a great deal of time at the raising, and they went on and on (still are) about how impressed they were with Lefty and Patrick as timberframers..and as people. They leave behind a very impressed group and a very raised frame.

Re: Raising: Thanks, Northern Lights Timberframing [Re: Bigshow] #21204 09/22/09 08:29 AM
J
Jim Rogers Online Confused
Online Confused
J
Looks good.....

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Re: Raising: Thanks, Northern Lights Timberframing [Re: Jim Rogers] #21207 09/22/09 09:44 AM
T
TIMBEAL Offline
T
Pregnant women make things happen.

Tim

Re: Raising: Thanks, Northern Lights Timberframing [Re: TIMBEAL] #21293 10/08/09 04:21 PM
frwinks Offline
looks great bigshow cool
all that plaining and sanding in the cold paid off eh? lol the curves look wicked.. I've been following your blog for a while...grin
And definite kudos to NLT for steppin' in and savin' yer a**. It's great to see this kind of support from the pros for us weekend warriors cool
I've been blessed myself with meeting Mark @ Whippletree a few years ago on this very site. He's been the best mentor and friend a young TF jedi could wish for. In about 8 months we'll be raising our frame, all thanks to the knowledge and skill he's passed on and his continuous support.

So to ALL the pros on TFG.... HUGE thanks for having this great resource and your contribution! cool

there's a thin line between hobby and mental illness

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
HFT, Wrongthinker, kaymaxi, RLTJohn, fendrishi
5134 Registered Users