Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
expert opinion needed #236 07/10/02 03:44 AM
M
MisterSun Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I'm not knowledgeable about timber framing whatsoever. I currently have a 90% completed timber frame to sell. With a short description I was hoping someone could give me a ballpark figure of it's worth and maybe a few places (websites, magazines, organizations) that i could use to find a way to sell it.

I'm not trying to sell it to anyone on here, this isn't an ad, I'm just looking for some assistance and I have absolutely no idea where to start looking.

First off, let me just say that the quality of craftsmanship on the house is excellent. When making an estimation, just take that for granted. The timbers are pine, with each timber produced from individual blueprints, not just an overall structural blueprint. It is a large two-story home. Roughly 95% of the timbers are done, but they've been sitting, protected, for a few years, so logically about 5% are no good, but probably not even that many. Some of the timbers would require minor clean-up. The package to be sold would be all the finished timbers, enough timbers to finish the house and make up for any bad ones, and all the blueprints and plans.

Does anyone (or can anyone, with the info i've given) have an idea?

Re: expert opinion needed #237 07/10/02 06:51 AM
K
Ken Hume Offline
K
Hi Sunshine,

Place a free entry of your advert on our website message board at http:/www.clik.to/WorldofWood

Regards

Ken Hume

Looking back to see the way ahead !

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users