Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
thowing ax head on ebay #23728 06/06/10 02:23 AM
brad_bb Offline OP
OP Offline
There's a gransfors bruks throwing ax head on ebay right now with 6 days left. Starting at $99, but you have to make your own handle.

Re: thowing ax head on ebay [Re: ] #26406 05/10/11 04:44 PM
brad_bb Offline OP
OP Offline
It wasn't mine and it was almost a year ago. So I'd say no. I thought it would be of interest to those here as you don't see just the good throwing head like that usually, and I know we are capable of making a handle.

Re: thowing ax head on ebay #26698 06/24/11 12:15 PM
C
cazaremamaia Offline
C
I think it's cool to throw with axes.

Re: thowing ax head on ebay #26773 07/09/11 11:07 PM
J
Jim Rogers Online Confused
Online Confused
J
Foul language is not appropriate on this forum....

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Re: thowing ax head on ebay #26774 07/09/11 11:24 PM
D L Bahler Offline
Thanks Jim, I was about to comment as well but you beat me to it.

There are some of us who find this language coarse and offensive, and for various reasons choose to avoid it in our own speech.

In addition, there may be children who view these forums.

And last but not least, it is a good custom in our culture (that is sadly dieing but should not be allowed to) that foul language should never be used in the presence of a lady. I know there are many women who view these forums. -TO you women who read this, please don't take offense to this statement, this custom is as a sign of honor and respect due to women.

Was de eine ilüchtet isch für angeri villech nid so klar.
http://riegelbau.wordpress.com/
Re: thowing ax head on ebay #26778 07/10/11 12:26 AM
B
bmike Offline
B
Here we go...

Mike Beganyi Design and Consulting, LLC.
www.mikebeganyi.com
Re: thowing ax head on ebay #26780 07/10/11 09:44 AM
B
bmike Offline
B
The ignore feature just came in handy.

47, man up. This forum is for open, honest communication (and sometimes heated debate) about timber framing and related topics. While thread drift certainly happens, deliberate derailment is not tolerated. No need or want for nonsense here.

Mike Beganyi Design and Consulting, LLC.
www.mikebeganyi.com
Re: thowing ax head on ebay [Re: ] #26781 07/10/11 02:17 PM
R
Roger Nair Offline
R
Hey Bad Mojo, no hard feelings from me if you choose to return but purposeful trolling belongs on the lake. Really, 47 Ronin, really? Dishonored warriors start hanging around, living on the margin, lulling their enemies until the moment is right.... Forcing Derek Jeter to suggest what???.... Swanwood photobucket fools who???

Just square it.

Re: thowing ax head on ebay [Re: ] #26784 07/10/11 02:59 PM
R
Roger Nair Offline
R
For me the big deal is this forum is here to fill an educational purpose and should be available to the widest possible range of viewers, including school kids. School computers around the country are administered with cyber nanny systems. It is up to the users of the forum to keep it clean, in order for the mission of the guild to go forward.

Re: thowing ax head on ebay #26786 07/10/11 04:26 PM
D L Bahler Offline
Dear sir,

Nobody openly attacked you, and no one was judging you as a person. We merely asked you to filter your comments a bit due to the public and educational nature of these forums, and for the matter that many of us do not wish to see or hear such things.

I am deeply sorry for your situation, and wish that there was something I could do to help. Perhaps a better route may have been to mention your hardships to the fine folks here, and I am sure they in turn would have offered whatever help they may have been able to. I can't speak for everyone, but I am more than willing to put any ugliness behind and still offer a helping hand to whatever extent I am able.

And sorry if you thought I was playing a holier than thou card, I just meant to make it clear that I want to limit my exposure to these kinds of things. If these forums were to become a place where bad language and other such were accepted and commonplace, I would have to stop participating. That's my choice, and it's not me trying to say I'm better. If anything, it's me saying I am weak and cannot handle these things and still live the way I want to.

DLB

Was de eine ilüchtet isch für angeri villech nid so klar.
http://riegelbau.wordpress.com/
Re: thowing ax head on ebay [Re: ] #26788 07/10/11 10:28 PM
R
Roger Nair Offline
R
Hey Ronin, why be so offended? You know that you are the most frequent poster on this forum by a wide margin, although your previous idenities no longer grace the user list. you know the standards and issues regarding profanity and trolling, we have been there and done that many times. What is the point? What do you want?

Bahler is new to the forum, probably does not know you and is evidently a conservative German-American Anabaptist. Bahler wrote clearly about his expectations toward standards. I am far more pagan than Christian but I can meet Bahler on standards.

Thanks for all the fish.

Resistance is futile.

Welcome but I still might count the silver

Re: thowing ax head on ebay [Re: ] #26790 07/11/11 12:15 AM
R
Roger Nair Offline
R
Derek, I do not wish you away nor have I ever protested by back channels nor have I interferred with your business nor have I ever banned you from anything. I am just asking you not to post profanity or suggested profanity, please stop with hot bikini babe images. In this thread you have made a few personal attacks. A little amity can serve you well.

Please stay, we all can learn

Re: thowing ax head on ebay [Re: ] #26812 07/15/11 04:46 PM
R
Roger Nair Offline
R
I guess that is supposed to be cute, unfortunately you lost your cuteness a long time ago. You have been unmasked and I think of you as a naked aggressor, so I withdraw my welcome mat.

In the time since the weekend, I have examined our exchange and the trolling. The punch of the troll was aimed directly at a man's faith, moral code and community. Further, I believe your ultimate aim is to dishonor the Guild, yes you have soiled the forum but the dishonor is all yours. This comes at the same time that synagogue project is winding down, the irony is vile.

You have had time and access to publically own up and offer amends.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
HFT, Wrongthinker, kaymaxi, RLTJohn, fendrishi
5134 Registered Users