Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Tools #259 08/02/02 09:32 PM
P
P.Faulkner Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Is there a forum here for used tool sources?
We need to buy and have some T/F tools in good shape to sell.

Re: Tools #260 08/05/02 03:08 PM
daiku Offline
I don't believe there is, and I think it's an excellent idea! An easy way to get started would be to simply add a category to this forum. CB.

--
Clark Bremer
Minneapolis
Proud Member of the TFG
Re: Tools #261 08/06/02 12:52 PM
J
Jim Rogers Offline
J
As the timber framers guild is a non-profit organization, I don't believe the moderator of this forum or any section of "Ask the experts" will allow any advertising of anything 'for sale', so that anyone can make a profit.
At the eastern conference in West Virginia, I brought up an idea about having one of these forum sites where different timber framing schools and or timber framing companies could list dates and locations of raisings so that people interested in seeing timber framing or learning timber framing could find out about and check out a raising. I was told by a member of the board of directors that this type of idea could affect their non-profit status, and that because of that this raising site idea wouldn't go thru.
I maybe 100% wrong on this tool site idea but it seems to me to be very similar.
There are other sites, other than the timber framers guild forum pages where tools and such are offered. One is www.myoldtools.com (a business site) and/or Goshen timber frames magazine site at www.timberframemag.com/wwwboard/wwwboard.shtml. I've seen tools as well as barns and lumber offered 'for sale’ at the second board.
And I’m sure there are others out there that I don’t know about. Jim

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Re: Tools #262 08/06/02 01:31 PM
daiku Offline
Members can place such an advert in the notices section of scantlings. I don't see how this is much different. Perhaps it could be restricted to members, as a free member service. CB.

--
Clark Bremer
Minneapolis
Proud Member of the TFG

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users