Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
New Essay on Splicing Joints #24893 12/20/10 03:34 AM
C
Chris Hall Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I've just completed writing the first half of a volume in my Art of Japanese Carpentry Drawing series, this one being volume III. This first half covers 17 Japanese splicing/scarfing joints in detail, and the total volume will cover 30 joints, with variations, for a total of 60 joints. I thought posting about this might be of interest to the timber framing community.

It's not free, as I have hundreds of hours of work into it - that said, these essays are hardly what you might call a get-rich-quick scheme! I'm working on writing a multi-volume set on Japanese carpentry drawing, and I'm doing it in a piecemeal manner. Volume I and II were released at the beginning of this year.

If you want to learn more about the new volume, I've posted some details on my blog - here's the link:

The Art of Japanese Carpentry Drawing, Volume III

All the best to the TF community for 2011!

~Chris

My blog on carpentry practice, East and West:

https://thecarpentryway.blog
Re: New Essay on Splicing Joints #25469 02/07/11 11:46 AM
E
esspwebmaster Offline
E
nice to hear it that you have completed it and for any type of essay help just check

Re: New Essay on Splicing Joints [Re: Chris Hall] #26541 06/03/11 02:31 PM
C
Chris Hall Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Update,

after countless hours of writing and drawing, the essay on Japanese splicing joints is now complete, stretching to 284 pages, and in three parts, A, B, and C. The essay covers more than 40 types of splicing joints, including numerous variations and application, and includes a detailed glossary of Japanese joinery terms at the end of the third part. Here's the link:

TAJCD - Complete

I will take a break from the essay writing for a month or two, but plan on commencing volume IV in the series later this year, a volume dealing with sawhorses and similar splayed leg structures.

My blog on carpentry practice, East and West:

https://thecarpentryway.blog

Moderated by  Chris Hall, Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users