Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Custom Peg Hole symbols for TF Rubies #28497 04/16/12 01:39 PM
daiku Offline OP
OP Offline
I started a new thread for this topic. Brad and Mike were asking for a new feature for the TF rubies, where the shape of the peg hole symbol would be used to indicate the diameter of the peg hole that should be drilled. Currently, there is just a construction point "cross hairs" placed on the mortise to indicate the center of the hole. I think I can add this, but I need some more information.

• I assume you guys are talking about the beg hole marks that appear on shop drawings, not the "pegettes" that appear on presentation drawings.
  • Do they need to appear on the tenons, or just the mortises?
  • How do you envision specifying the "peg type"? At what point in the workflow would you expect a dialog to come up to ask for the peg type?

--
Clark Bremer
Minneapolis
Proud Member of the TFG
Re: Custom Peg Hole symbols for TF Rubies [Re: daiku] #28501 04/16/12 03:37 PM
B
bmike Offline
B
Clark,

I think it would show on mortise and tenon (assuming a draw bore situation), and only in the 'Make Shop Drawing'.

The dialog would have to happen when you run the TF Peg / create peg command. Not sure how that would work - but I guess it gets tricky as one would have to somehow label joints in a catalog with peg sizes now...

And, to be honest - I've only really wished for this one or two times. Most times that I've used the Rubies for any sort of production type drawing the pegs were all 1" with the exception of a few... so it wasn't a big deal.

But, if I were doing more production work - I'd want to automate the calling out of the pegs.

Mike Beganyi Design and Consulting, LLC.
www.mikebeganyi.com
Re: Custom Peg Hole symbols for TF Rubies [Re: bmike] #28502 04/16/12 03:46 PM
B
bmike Offline
B
You might be able to throw these on a separate layer... you could then toggle the shapes on and off pretty easily.

Mike Beganyi Design and Consulting, LLC.
www.mikebeganyi.com
Re: Custom Peg Hole symbols for TF Rubies [Re: bmike] #28509 04/17/12 07:41 AM
J
Jon Senior Offline
J
I don't know enough about the way that the TF stuff is handled behind the scenes, but could you not add all the pegs and then select groups of them afterwards and specify their size. It strikes me that a dialog which pops up every time you use the peg tool would drive you rapidly insane if you never wanted to change peg size.

Re: Custom Peg Hole symbols for TF Rubies [Re: Jon Senior] #28510 04/17/12 01:12 PM
daiku Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Jon Senior
I don't know enough about the way that the TF stuff is handled behind the scenes, but could you not add all the pegs and then select groups of them afterwards and specify their size. It strikes me that a dialog which pops up every time you use the peg tool would drive you rapidly insane if you never wanted to change peg size.

Well, that's exactly my concern. I don't want to add a step for every peg hole. Especially since (apparently like me), most folks are using the same peg size throughout.

--
Clark Bremer
Minneapolis
Proud Member of the TFG

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc, Paul Freeman 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users