Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Print shop drawings from Sketchup. #28521 04/19/12 07:47 PM
J
Jon Senior Offline OP
OP Offline
J
This may be user error. This may be a consequence of running SKetchup on Linux under WINE. But I can't get usable prints of my shop drawings. I'm carefully adding dimensions, but when I go to print, it's not printing in X-ray mode. This plays havoc with the dimensions, some of which appear as text with no dimension lines. I can hand draw back in the necessary bits if I have to but that's going to be a long process I feel.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I feel I'm missing a step somewhere.

Re: Print shop drawings from Sketchup. [Re: Jon Senior] #28522 04/19/12 08:11 PM
J
Jon Senior Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Ah ha. The step appears to be WINE related. In order to print anything other than a black box, I have to check "use high accuracy HLR". This apparently disables textures and transparency. Looks like I'm stuck with keeping the computer in the nice dusty tent where I'm cutting the frame. I can add "cleaning out the heatsink" to the list of tasks to do once the house is built!

Re: Print shop drawings from Sketchup. [Re: Jon Senior] #28570 04/24/12 01:16 PM
S
sevenzenith Offline
S
ohh thank

Re: Print shop drawings from Sketchup. [Re: Jon Senior] #28583 04/25/12 02:58 PM
daiku Offline
Originally Posted By: Jon Senior
Looks like I'm stuck with keeping the computer in the nice dusty tent where I'm cutting the frame. I can add "cleaning out the heatsink" to the list of tasks to do once the house is built!

And thanks for THAT! My laptop has been unstable lately, and I'm about to take it to the Western Conference and use if for Sketchup training. I was about to go out and buy a new one, and scramble to get it ready when I read your post and thought "I wonder....". Popped a few panels off, blasted it with compressed air, viola! Running fine now.

--
Clark Bremer
Minneapolis
Proud Member of the TFG
Re: Print shop drawings from Sketchup. [Re: daiku] #28586 04/25/12 08:10 PM
J
Jon Senior Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: daiku
Popped a few panels off, blasted it with compressed air, viola! Running fine now.

Yup. That's always a favourite. I've seen one Toshiba Satellite (and heard of a great many others) die due to a clogged heatsink. Compressing so much hardware into such a small space causes issues for heat build-up and laptops just don't have the tolerance for crud build-up that a desktop has. Thankfully I can print them via my GF's computer so although it's a bit of a faff, I can get paper copies. That's tomorrow evening's task as we're starting to scale up production and I need to be able to get measurements fast!

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc, Paul Freeman 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users