Print Thread
Rate Thread
TF peg tool error #30443 03/22/13 10:34 PM
M
mszens Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi,

This is question from a novice using Sketch-up and the TF Rubies. Mostly things work well, but I haven't got the peg tool to work as I think it ought. So, I have been making peg holes the old way. But now I really have to increase my drawing speed and I have watched the video and have read the section in the book, but I have missed something crucial.

For example: On a TF joint tenon, highlighted but not editing, I can place the TF peg tool in the corner where the housing and tenon meet, and then drag the tool across the cheek of the tenon. When I release the button, a little window pops up with the following message "Pegs must be added to face inside of joint component**." I was expecting it to have placed a round peg hole that shows up on both sides of the tenon. What did I do wrong?

I am most grateful for any advice that can help me to see the error of my clicking ways, and save me many steps by getting this tool to work.

Thanks so much

MSZens

Re: TF peg tool error [Re: mszens] #30450 03/24/13 09:48 PM
T
timberwrestler Offline
T
I believe that it's as simple as double clicking inside of the joint, and then using the peg tool. I can't remember if the peg tool works inside or outside of the joint. The peg tool won't even be highlighted if you're in the wrong place.

Or have, right clicked, and done 'tf make joint' before all of this?

Re: TF peg tool error [Re: timberwrestler] #30451 03/25/13 02:12 AM
M
mszens Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks Timberwrestler. I was getting the tool to be highlighted and I got the peg tool cursor. Someone from this list notified me off list with the key to getting this to work. You get the error I described if you click with the peg tool in the joint and then drag across the cheek of the TF joint tenon. The problem was in the dragging to the location of the peg hole.

I was able to get the tool to work correctly by clicking once in the joint and then clicking again (not dragging) near where I wanted the peg to show. The tool places a peg hole at that point, and then I could modify the coordinates to be exactly what I needed in the VCB.

I really appreciate the help I got.

Thanks

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc, Paul Freeman 

Newest Members
HFT, Wrongthinker, kaymaxi, RLTJohn, fendrishi
5134 Registered Users