OP Offline
J
The New Timberframe Layout Tape Measure is
NOW AVAILABLE!

-30’ high quality tape measure - Zero starts 10 inches from hook
-Reverse scale in red for easy tenon layout from shoulder
-“Layflat” one inch steel PVC coated tape for easy marking
-Green case to distinguish it from most other tapes
-Large erasable writing area on tape body for jotting quick measurements or notes
-From the 1ft mark and on, it measure feet and inches, in addition to just inches.

Advantages -
1. Typically more accurate than using the hook of the tape, which can get bent or
damaged, have loose rivets, or not be correct from the factory
2. Eliminates the possibility of a mistake when using the “Burn" layout method. No
longer need to remember to add the “Burned” amount to your layout dimension.
3. Reduce wasted valuable timber and time from cutting a timber too short or cutting
joinery in the wrong location.
4. Flat tape much easier for transferring marking to the timber.

Features:
1. An erasable pad on the side for notes or dimensions.
2. A rubber unique “Green colored” casing
3. A PVC coated 1” wide steel tape with reverse red scale from zero to the hook for laying out timbers
4. A lever action belt clip
5. Heavy duty 4-rivet end hook
6. Blade lays flat on work surface for easy layout.

The benefit of this tool is that it saves you time, and time is money.
Imagine using this tool to layout your next set of timbers, and how much faster and easier it is. You should buy this for yourself, and make your layouts easier.
Cost is $20 per tape.
Shipping of one tape through the post office in a small flat rate box will be $5.15. Two tapes can fit in one box. Buy TWO and SAVE.

Contact inventor: Brad Baber 224-232-9881 by phone or email: dbaBradBaber@hotmail.com to place an order/for quote or for questions.

Contact salesman: Jim Rogers 1-800-422-6250 by phone or email:
jrsawmill@verizon.net to place an order/for quote or for questions.

Videos: http://youtu.be/DL9pG6axiDM and http://youtu.be/zMmEmMX4kb8

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Re: "NEW" Timberframe Layout Tape is NOW available [Re: Jim Rogers] #30501 04/07/13 01:07 PM
J
Jim Rogers Offline OP
OP Offline
J
See who’s using the “NEW” timberframe layout tape, and what they’re saying about it.

John Fontaine of Middletown, CT. And he said: "...the tape design is long overdue of course, my son commented "nice" when he received it for a birthday gift..."

Randy Churchill of Churchill Timberworks in Courtenay, BC Canada. And he said: “Well built and solid - appreciate that. Solid body because I will drop it. Really like the white space to write on, I do that quite a bit. Tape is flat and flexible which will be nice for layout, a compromise from rigid tape which is better for some tasks - understandable.
Suspect the inventor thought long & hard about how much offset (10").

Vicco Von Voss of Centerville, MD. And he said: “It is the best tape I have ever owned. I can use it on curves. I like the feature about the 0 being at 10” in. Prevents mistakes when burning a foot or inch. I can't believe it's only $20. See his work at viccovonvoss.com

Sean Hyland of Hyland Timber Framing in Alfred Station, NY. And he said: “They are the "Official Tape of the Hyland Timber Framing Shop". No other tapes allowed for layout! They really are great and everything I thought they would be. Thanks again for making them available.

You should buy yours now……

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!

Moderated by  Jim Rogers, mdfinc 

Newest Members
Bradyhas1, cpgoody, James_Fargeaux, HFT, Wrongthinker
5137 Registered Users